Re: [existlist] Dangling carrot

  • yeoman
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 8, 2003
      Bill,

      Yes, things are inevitable. That is why they say, "Don't
      sweat the small stuff". There just isn't enough time to do
      it all. Perhaps it may look like it when you are young, but
      there is a different view when you have covered more than
      half the dock ....

      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 8, 2003
        In a message dated 7/8/2003 2:53:19 PM Central Standard Time,
        valleywestdental@... writes:
[...]
        I've been going through those changes myself. It reminds me of something my
        father said not long before he died from a heart attack at 56: "They tell you
        that time is money, but it's not. Money is time." Five years ago I did not
        want to retire, ever, and certainly not before 72. After all, I really enjoy
        my work and in one way or another will keep at it all my life--but as long as
        I'm drawing the salary I'm obliged to trade what's left of my time for it.

        So five years ago I'd have stayed at my job for at least another 20 years.
        But now it's more likely I'll retire at 56 and spend the rest of my days trout
        fishing and chasing my wife around the house nude with a water pistol. Of
        course that still keeps me in the game for another several years.

        Ed Tyler