Stonewall Jackson and Human Advancement

  • yeoman
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 6, 2003
      On 10 May 1863, the dying Stonewall Jackson uttered the
      following words; "let us cross over the river and rest under
      the shade of the trees".

      It makes me think that I should lose myself in the 19th
      century, since modern times are getting a bit screwy.

      But then I am wondering whether the population in 1850
      century of a billion could provide the knowledge base that
      we have today. In other words are we dependent upon a huge
      population of 6 or more billion people to bring us all this
      interesting technology which makes life better?? Or, is
      knowledge acquisition more a matter of time??