Is anyone out there??

  • yeoman
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 4 1:26 AM
      Is anyone out there??

      I was down in the basement, getting some snacks from the Y2K
      vault, when the gamma ray burst hit the earth.

      Am I the only one left alive??

      My God!! Am I condemned to live out my remaining years in
      total isolation without the warmth of human companionship??

      Oh well ... time to make another coffee ....

      eduard
    • Susan Schnelbach
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 4 8:45 AM
        Hello Eduard -

        You aren't alone. At least, I don't think so. The ever present
        moderator is still watching. :)

        How's it going? Is everyone on vacation? I guess that the end of the
        school year removes a few people from the ExistList circle. Still,
        strangely quiet.

        Nothing very interesting in going on in Central California, other than
        the never-ending battle to survive the heat and bad air.

        Keep trying to start a philosophical conversation. If no one jumps in,
        I'll give it a shot. :)

        Have a great weekend.
        Susan

        On Friday, July 4, 2003, at 01:26 AM, yeoman wrote:

        > Is anyone out there??
        >
        > I was down in the basement, getting some snacks from the Y2K
        > vault, when the gamma ray burst hit the earth.
        >
        > Am I the only one left alive??
        >
        > My God!! Am I condemned to live out my remaining years in
        > total isolation without the warmth of human companionship??
        >
        > Oh well ... time to make another coffee ....
        >
        > eduard

        > ---------------------~-->
        > Save up to 80% on top-quality inkjet cartridges and get your order
        > fast!
        > FREE shipping on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada. Shop at
        > Myinks.com!
        > http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
        > http://us.click.yahoo.com/v2G7ND/KfUGAA/ySSFAA/ACsqlB/TM

        > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • yeoman
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 4 9:19 AM
          Susan,

          It is hot and humid here. Toronto has all the smog ... it's
          not allowed in Ottawa.

          I am watching DVDs on my computer. Right now it is
          Casablanca with the French audio track. They just cant dub
          Bogart's correctly in French.

          Sponsor ---------------------~-->
          > Inkjet cartridges up to 80% off. HP, Epson, Lexmark--we
          have your brand.
          > Free shipping on every order to the U.S. and Canada!
          Excellent service.

          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 4 12:09 PM
            Eduard -

            I've been busy doing genealogy research lately. I've stumbled into the
            gold mine that is the IGI and GROS records via the ScotsOrigins.com and
            Scotlandspeople.gov.uk sites. I've just pushed the information on my
            mother's side of the family (from West Lothian and Linlithgowshire,
            Scotland) back several generations. They have so much information
            available online now, including digital scans of birth and marriage
            register entries that it's amazing. :) If I'd had to wait until I could
            travel to Scotland for these records, I'd never find anything out!

            As for free time and DVD watching, I must confess to watching nothing
            remotely as classic as Casablanca (though we do have it here on VHS). I
            watched X-Men on DVD last night and turned on the surround sound
            speakers. What a difference! Not mentally elevating, but nicely done
            all the same. I like the themes of humanity and in-humanity discussed
            in this serious of movies.

            I just wish they'd done a better job with the book versions. The books
            could have been so much better... no one seems to care about movie
            novelizations anymore. They try to appeal to the same shallow audience
            that watches the movies instead of trying to expand upon the themes in
            the movies and flesh out the stories, characters, and underlying plots.

            About as classic as I've made movie watching lately is old James Bond
            and A&E's presentation of Pride and Prejudice. <G>

            I've been considering writing a serious of 'articles' and commentary on
            life as I've been reading about it and seeing it, but haven't done it
            yet. I keep writing the stuff in my head, and it sounds great, but
            haven't been able to sit down in front of a computer to get it on
            paper. By the time I make it to the computer, the thoughts are lost. On
            of these days the timing will be right and I'll get it on paper and
            posted to my private site.

            So, as moderator, should I slap my own wrist for being off topic? :)

            Cheers, ;)
            Susan

          • yeoman
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 4 3:55 PM
              Susan,

              Hmmm ... genealogy ... on an Existentialist site!! Isn't
              that something like a member of a weight watchers club being
              found with a piece of chocolate??

              I watch videos on my computer monitor. I have one of those
              TV cards so I can watch it as I am typing. I find it funny
              when I go to the mall and see all those huge TV screens that
              you can buy. People are trying to get something as big as
              possible like up to 48" and more. In effect, my TV screen
              is something like 2" by 2". It kinda helps to watch
              classics, since I already know what the picture is all
              about. However, I am primarily interested in the sound, in
              order to improve my French.

              I am constantly trying to get my philosophy down in some
              form. Typing on a computer seems to be out of place. I
              should go out in the back yard with quill and ink. But then
              I would probably get interested in the chipmunks and
              squirrels.

              I have been waiting all day for Yvon to bring over my riding
              lawn mower. I bent the blade on some rock, so now all I can
              do is watch the grass get longer. I am totally lost without
              my toys.