FW: Cell Biology of the Neuron

  • shari hyder
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 1, 2003
      shari

      -----Original Message-----
      From: Neuron [mailto:cellpress-e2-1863090@...]
      Sent: Wednesday, 2 July 2003 6:27 a.m.
      To: hydersjmj@...
      Subject: Cell Biology of the Neuron

      HYPERLINK
      "http://www.1to1Auto.com/apps/redir.asp?link=XbejiefdDE,ZceeaijhffEE&oid
      =UdcddBB&iclitemid=XbehafhcCG&tid=WbdhicjDA"
      Call for posters deadline: August 15, 2003
      _____

      Questions? Please direct queries to the HYPERLINK
      "mailto:phillipa.fletcher@..."Conference Secretariat - do not
      hit the reply button.
      _____

      CELL BIOLOGY OF THE NEURON
      November 7, 2003 * JW Marriott Hotel, New Orleans, USA
      Organized by the Neuron editorial team, this one day meeting will bring
      together leading neuroscientists to present recent developments related
      to the cell biology of the neuron.
      Talks will cover all major cell biological aspects of neuronal function
      including molecular and morphological differentiation, motility and
      guidance, synaptogenesis, trafficking, signal transduction, apoptosis
      and cell-cell communication. See below for the full speaker line up.
      Participants are invited to submit posters related to the themes of the
      conference so they may have an opportunity to discuss their own work
      with leaders in the field:
      Gary Banker, Center for Occupational and Environmental Toxicology,
      Oregon Health and Science University
      "Membrane Trafficking and Neuronal Polarity"
      Cori Bargmann, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Anatomy,
      The University of California, San Francisco
      "Cellular Guideposts and Molecular Cues for Synaptic Specificity"
      Frank Gertler, Department of Biology, Massachusetts Institute of
      Technology
      "Cytoskeletal Regulation of Growth Cone Motility"
      Chris Henderson, Developmental Biology Institute of Marseille, CNRS -
      INSERM
      "Control of Motor Neuron Cell Death in Development and Disease"
      Larry Goldstein, Howard Hughes Medical Institute and Department of
      Cellular and Molecular Medicine, UCSD School of Medicine
      "Linking Molecular Motors to Signaling and Neurodegenerative Disease"
      Yuh Nung Jan, Howard Hughes Medical Institute Departments of Physiology
      and Biochemistry, University of California, San Francisco
      "Control of Dendrite Formation"
      Tobias Meyer, Department of Molecular Pharmacology, Stanford University
      "Postsynaptic Signal Transduction Mediated by CAMKII"
      Erin Schuman, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Division of Biology,
      California Institute of Technology
      "Local Protein Synthesis and Degradation During Synaptic Plasticity"
      Charles Stevens, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, The Salk Institute
      Molecular Neurobiology Laboratory
      "Mechanisms of Neurotransmitter Release"
      Karel Svoboda, Center for Learning and Memory, Cold Spring Habor
      Laboratory
      "Calcium Signaling in Dendritic Spines"
      Abstracts are invited for poster presentation on the themes of the
      conference to supplement the invited speaker program. Please submit
      abstracts via the HYPERLINK
      "http://www.1to1Auto.com/apps/redir.asp?link=XbejieffDG,ZceeaijhffEE&oid
      =UdcddBB&iclitemid=XbehafhcCG&tid=WbdhicjDA"online submission form by
      August 15, 2003.
      For full details and to register visit: HYPERLINK
      "http://www.1to1Auto.com/apps/redir.asp?link=XbejiefdDE,ZceeaijhffEE&oid
      =UdcddBB&iclitemid=XbehafhcCG&tid=WbdhicjDA"www.neuron-meeting.com or
      contact HYPERLINK "mailto:phillipa.fletcher@..."Phillipa
      Fletcher at the Conference Secretariat.
      HYPERLINK
      "http://WWW.PROCESSREQUEST.COM/apps/msgopen.asp?id=1470572,ZceeaijhffEE&
      oid=UdcddBB&taskid=WbdhicjDA"

      ---
      Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.

      ---

    • yeoman
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 1, 2003
        Sounds like a good conference. However, it would probably
        get into more detail than I need. I am using "neuron" as a
        metaphor for the thinking brain. A sort of philosophical
        outlook rather than from a scientific perspective.

        Are you going to the conference??

> [...]
        Plasticity"
        > Charles Stevens, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, The Salk
        Institute
        > Molecular Neurobiology Laboratory
        > "Mechanisms of Neurotransmitter Release"
        > Karel Svoboda, Center for Learning and Memory, Cold Spring
        Habor
        > Laboratory
        > "Calcium Signaling in Dendritic Spines"
        > Abstracts are invited for poster presentation on the
        themes of the
        > conference to supplement the invited speaker program.
        Please submit
        > abstracts via the HYPERLINK

        "http://www.1to1Auto.com/apps/redir.asp?link=XbejieffDG,Zcee
        aijhffEE&oid
        > =UdcddBB&iclitemid=XbehafhcCG&tid=WbdhicjDA"online
        submission form by
        > August 15, 2003.
        > For full details and to register visit: HYPERLINK

        18/06/2003

        > ---
        18/06/2003

        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/