Re: [existlist] Where is Everyone?

  • yeoman
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 30, 2003
      Susan,

      Could be. July 1st is Canada Day and July 4th is US
      Independence Day. Perhaps people are making a week of it.

      France was great. I was in the Toulouse area, near the
      Pyrenees. I think that I would retire there if I could
      swing it. But then there is always quite a step between a
      dream and reality. One does not know what things are really
      like until you are there.

      If you are thinking of going to France some day, a good
      place to stay is the "Formula 1" hotels which are
      practically everywhere. The rooms contain the basics of a
      bed, TV, and sink. The showers and toilets are down the
      hall.

      http://www.hotelformule1.com/formule1/index.html

      I suppose that it is not something that would please
      everyone, but if you are prepared to go the minimum, then it
      is awfully cheap. The cost of the place I stayed in was
      28.50 euros. I think the euro is practically on par with
      the US dollar.