Re: [existlist] A race run?

  • yeoman
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 30, 2003

      You guys seem to still be on the theist/atheist thing. In
      my opinion, Existentialism is simply a statement of the
      obvious. The human species is designed mentally to seek out
      patterns and where a pattern does not exist, it is invented.

      I am watching the 1958 movie, "I Married a Monster from
      Outer Space".

      The tagline for the movie is, "Shuddery things from beyond
      the stars, here to breed with human women!". I guess one
      could make a lot out of that. Or of the fears in the late
      50s about the evil communists infiltrating American
      society -- "They look just like us".

      We invent religion, because that provides some kind of
      satisfaction. It keeps our neurons happy. Existentialism
      cuts through the fog and puts it down for what life and
      existence actually is.