Overrun by the practical.

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 2, 2003
      The hard eyes of southern ILL. are elliciting more respect from me
      than the soft headed love nuts in this group. I am not a believer in
      static morality. However, the rules the Hard eyes live by have a
      basis in pragmatics while the gushing correctness of the literary
      intellectuals on the current list have lost their empirical
      connections.
      An example might be the Aids pandemic. Racist ideology and social
      conservatism has limited the spread of Aids in strict christian
      communities. The rational may be bogus but the outcome is
      laudatory. While the PC liberals allow their children a general
      promiscuity the Aids risk in multi partner heterosexual and
      homosexual promiscuity continues to be high.
      I think the liberal ideal is bankrupt in it`s philosophical
      underpinnings. The practical and pragmatic have been abandoned in the
      face of a lexicon of correctness assumptions that have no rational
      basis. " To each according to his need , from each according to his
      ability" is a concept that is contra evolutionary. Unless , of
      course you hold that the society is of true import and the
      individual is a vassel of the system.
      Some of the old rules produce results even though their pragmatic
      rational is long forgotten. Protecting ones male children from
      homosexual advances is a very good idea. The man/boy alliance is an
      abomination. Correctness would promote acceptance of such horrendous
      activity even though the children die and go mad. The guilty
      priests are sheltered and the victims are ignored. This would not
      happen in Southern Ill.
      I do not plan on joining either side, and I am sick of the new self
      righjtousness of the politically correct. The Christian
      existentialists are becomming the pervayors of this correctness
      facade. I do not think them christians like the hard people in So.
      Ill., nor do I think them existentialists like myself.