Re: [existlist] Afterlife

  • yeoman
    Message 1 of 3 , May 28, 2003
      Zith,

      Exactly. What is important is the NOW. That is where our
      problems are and that is where we have to deal with things.
      That is what Existentialism is all about.

      But belief in an afterlife can be to our disadvantage, as it
      presents an alternative which has no basis in fact. Thus
      some of our choices in life may be faulty, since we are
      taking into account a death scenario which does not help us
      in the now. Like choosing to sing with the band whilst the
      Titanic is sinking.