site

  • Eduard Alf
    Message 1 of 6 , May 19, 2001
      folks,

      here is a really neat site ...
      http://www.zchurch.com/flash/index.htm

      im not advocating the content, but the design of the site is really neat
      .... something to think about if you are doing one ...

      eduard
    • philosophizethis@aol.com
      Message 2 of 6 , May 19, 2001
        In a message dated 5/19/2001 9:18:41 PM Central Daylight Time,
        yeoman@... writes:

        > im not advocating the content, but the design of the site is really neat
        > .... something to think about if you are doing one ...

        the Flash work? Yeah it's like neopets.com. I don't think most people would
        ever bother to purchase the software required to create a site that uses
        Flash. I know I didn't. Nor do I want to piddle around making the artwork.

        :::shrugs::: talking site design in response to a Flash site just makes me
        think about my personal web-designing rules. I don't use things that expect
        people tho stop, download, and possibly install files/programs.

        If you aren't used to Flash sites, I suggest you go to the following:

        http://www.neopets.com - these guys do an incredible job with the entire
        site- and there are plenty of cute little Flash village maps and Flash video
        games to entertain.

        http://www.e-sheep.com/apocamon/ - A Flash apocalyptic comic book. A friend
        linked me here --- Go here. Very funny.

        The problem is, not many personal websites have content that would require
        interesting use of Flash. My personal opinion? Normal people should use
        image maps. And someone who has never done a site before wouldn't be able to
        author a Flash site anyway.

        Ciao,
        Marie

      • Eduard Alf
        Message 3 of 6 , May 19, 2001
          Marie,

          thanks for the sites ... the www.e-sheep.com is impressive ... but you are
          right ... too much complication ...

          i started my new site as www.lesroads.homestead.com ... someone had already
          taken the word "roads", so i had to use "les roads", which means "the roads"
          ... perhaps i should have used "des roads" which means "some roads" ... oh
          well, one is as good as the other ... this will be my new religion site ...

          have fun ...

          yeoman@... writes:

          > im not advocating the content, but the design of the site is really neat
          > .... something to think about if you are doing one ...

          the Flash work? Yeah it's like neopets.com. I don't think most people
          would
          ever bother to purchase the software required to create a site that uses
          Flash. I know I didn't. Nor do I want to piddle around making the
          artwork.

          :::shrugs::: talking site design in response to a Flash site just makes me
          think about my personal web-designing rules. I don't use things that expect
          people tho stop, download, and possibly install files/programs.

          If you aren't used to Flash sites, I suggest you go to the following:

          http://www.neopets.com - these guys do an incredible job with the entire
          site- and there are plenty of cute little Flash village maps and Flash video
          games to entertain.

          http://www.e-sheep.com/apocamon/ - A Flash apocalyptic comic book. A friend
          linked me here --- Go here. Very funny.

          The problem is, not many personal websites have content that would require
          interesting use of Flash. My personal opinion? Normal people should use
          image maps. And someone who has never done a site before wouldn't be able
          author a Flash site anyway.

          Ciao,
          Marie

        • Juan Carlos
          Message 4 of 6 , May 20, 2001
            Good morning:

            Hello, wow that was a really cool site, thanx a lot :-)
            see u later

            Juan Carlos

            >From: "Eduard Alf" <yeoman@...>
            >To: <existlist@yahoogroups.com>
            >Subject: [existlist] site
            >Date: Sat, 19 May 2001 22:18:31 -0400
            >
            >folks,
            >
            >here is a really neat site ...
            > http://www.zchurch.com/flash/index.htm
            >
            >im not advocating the content, but the design of the site is really neat
            >.... something to think about if you are doing one ...
            >
            >eduard

          • Yulian K. Gaard
            Message 5 of 6 , May 21, 2001
              Flash is avaiable in a shareware verson for free use.
              I dislike making thinks look fancy just for the cause of it. But other people have other styles. I s'pose that it depends alot of the contents.

              Sorry for being gone *wink*
              Yulian

              Respectfully submitted.

              " Magic is a way of life. "