RE: [existlist] Swan Song

  • shari hyder
    Message 1 of 3 , May 3, 2003
      Harry,

      Times like this, when a member leaves, I feel guilty and wonder if I had
      contributed to his leaving. I sometimes think of Dawg (who provided
      inspiration for heartfelt poetry) and wonder where he�s gone and how
      he�s doing. I sometimes think of Pat (who provided inspiration for a
      satirical piece) and wonder where he�s gone and how he�s doing. I
      sometimes think of Paul and wonder where he is and how he�s doing. It�s
      like cyber suicide.

      In feeling guilty, I rack my mind and try to think of each word I have
      written. So now, it�s like walking on eggshells, and every woman who has
      been through a women�s refuge knows what that feels like. I very much
      doubt if that�s what the founders of existentialism had in mind when
      they first put pen to paper.

      In the end, each member is free to post what they like or feel is
      relevant. By the same token, each member is free to read and respond, or
      not respond. Perhaps one line responses are insufficient; I must bear
      that in mind. As I have mentioned before, my biggest flaw is assuming
      the reader knows where I�m coming from (in the thought process).

      I myself left this group a couple of months back. Eduard apologized, and
      based partly on that, I chose to return. Not much more to say, except
      that you may choose to return yourself. I don�t know.

      shari