Choosing Latin, French or Anglo-Saxon Words

  • Mark and Bev Tindall
    Message 1 of 1 , May 2, 2003
      Dave wrote:

      > > Wow! David - let's watch the language please...
      >As a child once said, "Why?". It's one time, and it's >realistic.

      The same words are used in the bible in the original Greek and Hebrew. It seems that monosyllabic Anglo-Saxon words are naughty and rude but the Latin and French euphemisms are ok. Read Christians such as Rabelais and Jonathon Swift and Frederick Buechner who use naughty bad words in their writing. I have no objection to your language whatsoever. It is real and appropriate for the situation. Aussies regularly pepper their talk with the same words.

      Mark