Looking outside boundaries

  • Harry JMK
    Message 1 of 1 , May 2, 2003
      Hi all, a nice story I received from another mailgroup recently... (Y!G
      Atticus, Allen Mee, 28/04)
      ---------------------------
      An eccentric philosophy professor gave a one question final exam after a
      semester dealing with a broad array of topics. The class was already seated
      and ready to go when the professor picked up his chair , plopped it on his
      desk and wrote on the board : " Using everything we have learned this
      semester , prove that this chair does not exist . " Finders flew, erasers
      erased, notebooks were filled in furious fashion. Some students wrote over
      30 pages in one hour attempting to refute the existence of the chair. One
      member of the class however, was up and finished in less than a minute.
      Weeks later when the grades were posted, the rest of the group wondered how
      he could have gotten a A when he had barely written anything at all. His
      answer consisted of two words : " What Chair ? "
      ---------------------------

      :-) Anything we can learn from this? I think it a hilarious example of the
      all too familiar kind of mistake we all can make.

      Finally, for enhanced computer features we could all use, check out ....

      www.rita.thegourmet.com/computers.html

      Oh, and:

      "Nothing exists except atoms and empty space; everything else is opinion."
      ~Democritus.

      And added to that:

      "Substance is 99% empty space. At least, that's what the physicists say."
      ~Thomas W. Thornberry, M.A.

      - Harry -