Re: [existlist] focus

  • Mark and Bev Tindall
    Message 1 of 19 , Apr 28, 2003
      Harry wrote:

      > This is still all objective science. All of it,
      > even the scientist who lets the photons do their
      > own thing, which is act on their intrinsic but
      > dual behaviour.

      That is my summation until you can show otherwise.

      > by subjectively (=his interest) ...watching what
      > the photon is going to choose (one of the two
      > slits), the scientist subjectifies the object of
      > analysis (the photon) and thus creates
      > circumstances by which the photon 'decides' to
      > change its /eigen/-behaviour

      I grant that quantum physics changes much of previous science.

      Tjhe fgopllowing does not seem to be demonstrated .......

      > by subjectively (=his interest) ...watching

      The interest is suibjective but the watching would appear to be objective. Does watching change to subjectivity merely by the interest?

      > the scientist subjectifies the object of
      > analysis (the photon)

      I understand that a person subjectifies him / herself as object when that person is analysed by themselves. I still do not understand how an external object is subjectified to the observer who is different from the object.

      > and thus creates
      > circumstances by which the photon 'decides' to
      > change its /eigen/-behaviour

      I do not understand the circumstances that are created which would appear to me to be part of the initial design of the experiment rather something created as part of the experiment. How does the subjectification of an external object create the circumstances?

      Mark