RE: [existlist] Reitih Lectures - the Emerging Mind

  • Rakwena Mogoai
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 2, 2003
      Eduard,

      >> ---> No. And neither am I saying that all people with
      Temporal Lobe Transients will have god experiences. All
      that I am saying is that these events within the brain are a
      source of god experiences...

      All phenomena has its assigned area in the brain- there is the speech,
      walking , tasting area - so is God related experience. When someone's brain
      is not responsive, that does not mean that others are imagining or
      fantasising about these experiences.

    • manicpg
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 2, 2003
        "Else how would you account for the number of people
        > who had a god experience yet have not had TLT/TLE?"

        dissalousionment.
      • yeoman
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 2, 2003
          Rakwena,

          You can generate a Temporal Lobe Transient in a number of different ways. Meditation, music, ritual, smell, stress, etc. The point being that this is not some kind of mis-functioning of the brain. A person, in a particular circumstance and with a certain inclination can obtain a god experience. History is full of people who have done just that.

          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 9, 2003
            Sue,

            I got the site. Do you know how to activate the internet
            listening??

              > This year's Reith Lectures on BBC Radio 4 start tonight.
              >
              > Under the title "The Emerging Mind", they're to be
              > given by Vilanyanur S. Ramachandran who, amongst
              > other things, is Director of the Centre for Brain and
              > Cognition & Professor with the Psychology Dept
              > and the Neurosciences Program at the University of
              > California, San Diego.
              >
              > The five weekly lectures start Wednesday 2nd April
              > and have the sub-titles "Phantoms in the Brain", "Synapses
              > and the Self", "Artful Brain", "Purple Numbers & Sharp
              > Cheese" and "Neuroscience - the New Philosophy".
              >
              > The first one is at 8 pm tonite. (we just put the clocks
              > forward last weekend so I don't know the time difference
              > right now). You should be able to listen to them live on
              > the internet - BBC Radio 4, or at a later date.
              >
              > More information at:
              >
              > http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/reith2003/
              >
              > Sue McPherson

              Yahoo! Groups Sponsor