RE: [existlist] Reitih Lectures - the Emerging Mind

  • Rakwena Mogoai
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 2 6:02 AM
      Eduard,

      You dont have to experience TLE/TLT to have a God experience either!
      Apparentrly S. Ramachandran seem to indicate that there is a part of the
      brain that is susceptible to these God experince, but in some people it is
      activated by TLE/TLT - Else how would you account for the number of people
      who had a god experience yet have not had TLT/TLE?

      Rakwena

    • Rakwena Mogoai
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 2 6:21 AM
        Eduard,

        >> ---> No. And neither am I saying that all people with
        Temporal Lobe Transients will have god experiences. All
        that I am saying is that these events within the brain are a
        source of god experiences...

        All phenomena has its assigned area in the brain- there is the speech,
        walking , tasting area - so is God related experience. When someone's brain
        is not responsive, that does not mean that others are imagining or
        fantasising about these experiences.

      • manicpg
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 2 8:20 AM
          "Else how would you account for the number of people
          > who had a god experience yet have not had TLT/TLE?"

          dissalousionment.
        • yeoman
          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 2 10:36 AM
            Rakwena,

            You can generate a Temporal Lobe Transient in a number of different ways. Meditation, music, ritual, smell, stress, etc. The point being that this is not some kind of mis-functioning of the brain. A person, in a particular circumstance and with a certain inclination can obtain a god experience. History is full of people who have done just that.

            > You dont have to experience TLE/TLT to have a God experience either!
            > Apparentrly S. Ramachandran seem to indicate that there is a part of the
            > brain that is susceptible to these God experince, but in some people it is
            > activated by TLE/TLT - Else how would you account for the number of people
            > who had a god experience yet have not had TLT/TLE?
            >
            > Rakwena

          • yeoman
            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 9 10:09 AM
              Sue,

              I got the site. Do you know how to activate the internet
              listening??

                > This year's Reith Lectures on BBC Radio 4 start tonight.
                >
                > Under the title "The Emerging Mind", they're to be
                > given by Vilanyanur S. Ramachandran who, amongst
                > other things, is Director of the Centre for Brain and
                > Cognition & Professor with the Psychology Dept
                > and the Neurosciences Program at the University of
                > California, San Diego.
                >
                > The five weekly lectures start Wednesday 2nd April
                > and have the sub-titles "Phantoms in the Brain", "Synapses
                > and the Self", "Artful Brain", "Purple Numbers & Sharp
                > Cheese" and "Neuroscience - the New Philosophy".
                >
                > The first one is at 8 pm tonite. (we just put the clocks
                > forward last weekend so I don't know the time difference
                > right now). You should be able to listen to them live on
                > the internet - BBC Radio 4, or at a later date.
                >
                > More information at:
                >
                > http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/reith2003/
                >
                > Sue McPherson

                Yahoo! Groups Sponsor