Re: [existlist] Getting along

  • yeoman
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 1, 2003
      Sue,

      Well, actually, sufficient people wanted me as 2nd moderator
      that the score was 4 [for me] versus 3 [for you], before
      Chris pulled the plug.

      I think that we can "get along" if we were to stick to
      issues of philosophy rather than trying to see something in
      what people are saying. I have provided several emails
      related to philosophy and no one has yet responded. Why??
      I realise that there is a time factor for people who are in
      distant zones, but that does not give explanation for those
      who are on-line at this moment.

      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 1, 2003
        The score was four-all when it ended.

        I noticed one of your messages was about phenomenology.
        But it is a rather tired thread at the moment. No one is
        adding anything new to it.

        Maybe people do not care for the tone of interactions on this list
        and so are not responding in case they are jumped on. They only
        have to look at some of the digs that people are capable of and
        feel inhibited.

        There's also the fact that it simply isnt' necesary to have a constant
        flow of discussion on this list. If it doesn't happen, it doesn't.
        What's wrong with silence!

        There is a chat room associated with this list. Why don't people
        log into it if they want to just chat? Why not advertise it as being
        open at specific times?

        Sue McPherson

        > Well, actually, sufficient people wanted me as 2nd moderator
        > that the score was 4 [for me] versus 3 [for you], before
        > Chris pulled the plug.
        >
        > I think that we can "get along" if we were to stick to
        > issues of philosophy rather than trying to see something in
        > what people are saying. I have provided several emails
        > related to philosophy and no one has yet responded. Why??
        > I realise that there is a time factor for people who are in
        > distant zones, but that does not give explanation for those
        > who are on-line at this moment.
        >
        > eduard

      • yeoman
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 1, 2003
          Sue,

          The score was 4-4 because Mark voted twice.

          I am surprised that you should think that phenomenology is a
          "tired thread", when it is the purpose of this list.

          Perhaps people do not care for the tone. But I have
          afforded an opportunity to discuss something that is
          pertinent. It would seem to me that, since you are here,
          then why not discuss it?? Or if you don't wish to, then why
          don't you put in something??

          If we could get into discussion, then perhaps it would draw
          people in to participate.

          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 25, 2005
            Louise," We forefeit three quarters of ourselves in order to get
            along with other people"Schopenhauer. The percentage may be
            questionable but the idea seems sound.
            It would seem Bravehound thinks people skills are lacking and that
            is a bad thing. Getting along may be a good idea in building a
            house of cards or even a bondfire but her very feminine contention
            that cooperation is the way of progress remains at ends.
            My lack of people skills is more a desire for results than a
            needed precurser to action. You have always acted much the same
            and you seem to have little need for the required arrangement of
            blouse and positioning of hair before you tell someone to take a
            hike.
            Katherine Hepburn had that kind of mind and it has nothing to do
            with being"sexy" . Were talking head video added to this medium I
            would remain off screen. I think you might also opt for that case
            of communication. All the non verbal molasses is not only very
            easily misintrepreted but is repetative and therefore superfluous.
            I was actually more disposed to the sexless Bravehouse because it
            seemed less necessary to swish my hair and curl my lip in
            accomodation to fashion. Now she has ruined all that and obviously
            desires to be considered female. In Author`s view she has taken
            another step away from self awareness and toward the sexed,
            corporate mystique. I will make every attempt to ignore her plea for
            collective formulae and treat her just like every one else, just like
            [expletive deleted to gripe off that other newbie]. Bill