FW: [existlist] VOTING FOR SECONDARY MODERATOR

  • Exist List Moderator
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 1, 2003
      I apologize for not have replaced the last co-moderators immediately, two
      years ago.

      There were two co-moderators, but both moved on for academic reasons.
      Long-time members will recall Yulian K and Diana A were quite helpful during
      my absence two years ago. Yulian was a great contributor and I miss his
      active membership. Diana went on with her Ph.D work, I believe, and Yulian
      was seeking an appointment to a university.

      I do not believe I owe anyone an apology for being unavailable to manage the
      list. The list is an experiment and example of community dynamics.

      The group must live or die on its own. There cannot be one dictator in
      charge of a group -- this is not a corporation or a country. This forum is
      one of the few "democratic" media left -- newsgroups and mailing lists.

      And booting someone for an hour or less is not like Stalin. Get real...
      Stalin would have banned the person -- or killed him. I merely sought to
      send a message that personal attacks are not acceptable.

      The tone of this is still quite personal and offensive, in my opinion. I'm
      just not up to being insulted over and over again.

      My only apology is to the group... I'm sorry I had an accident years ago and
      have never been the same. The cycling accident was my fault; I chose to race
      50-100 miles at a time, putting myself at risk. I made the decisions leading
      to my accident. I should have selected more moderators, I suppose?

      Then again, as Mark points out, I also think I do pretty darn well in
      life...
      - C. S. Wyatt
      http://www.tameri.com
      http://www.magicdragonbooks.com

      Message 2 of 5 , May 4, 2004

        VIA NEGATIVA:

        There's nothing like teamwork.

        Thank you Chris,

        from Louise, or, the yellow BMW ...

        ... so, are mark and bev still out there somewhere? "Friends
        Reunited" may oblige, in the heady days of June ... 2832.

        Message 3 of 5 , May 4, 2004
          CSW: The list is an experiment and example of community dynamics.
          The group must live or die on its own. There cannot be one dictator
          in charge of a group -- this is not a corporation or a country. This
          forum is one of the few "democratic" media left -- newsgroups and
          mailing lists.

          Please note this concise account everyone, of what we're about ...
          that is, if my tone isn't too dictatorial here ...

          Louse of Napoli

        • Susan Schnelbach
          Message 4 of 5 , May 4, 2004
            I'm not sure what the point of this post was, but no, Mark is not a
            lurker at this time, as far as I know. He was unpleasant and drove away
            a lot of good participants.

            Message 5 of 5 , May 5, 2004
              Susan,
              The point of this post was my belated animus against two people who
              made eduard's life rather miserable, it seems, and who caused Chris
              and yourself much trouble also - I was thanking Chris for the fact
              that the persecutor got booted and eduard decided to stay. This
              upper case/lower case thing is very confusing - I do try to please,
              but I was also taught grammar by an unmarried Methodist headmistress
              whose vicarious political ambition was to see Shirley Williams (now
              in the House of Lords) elected Prime Minister. You may well ask me
              what is the point of my last sentence, and I don't know, but could
              probably come up with something if nudged, ... or pushed.
              Louise

              --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, Susan Schnelbach <susan@t...>