war & PROPHECY !

  • mahdi mohsin
    Message 1 of 14 , Mar 31, 2003
      By Paul S. Boyer, AlterNet
      February 20, 2003

      "Does the Bible foretell regime change in Iraq? Did God establish
      Israel's
      boundaries millennia ago? Is the United Nations a forerunner of a
      satanic
      world order?

      For millions of Americans, the answer to all those questions is a
      resounding
      yes. For many believers in biblical prophecy, the Bush
      administration's
      go-it-alone foreign policy, hands-off attitude toward the Israeli-
      Palestinian
      conflict, and proposed war on Iraq are not simply actions in the
      national
      self-interest or an extension of the war on terrorism, but part of an
      unfolding divine plan. "

      ANY RELEGIOUS HAS A COMMENTS ?!!

      MAHDI
    • yeoman
      Message 2 of 14 , Apr 1, 2003
        mahdi,

        This guy Paul Boyer is absolutely right on. I was just
        thinking about that yesterday when god spoke to me through
        the TV screen. I mean, the Bible foretells the regime
        change in upcoming Canadian federal election. And of
        course, as everyone knows, the route used for the I-81
        through New York state is in Genesis somewhere. All of this
        and much more is in the Bible ... you only have to read it
        to find the truth of the future.

        > "Does the Bible foretell regime change in Iraq? Did God
        establish
        > Israel's
        > boundaries millennia ago? Is the United Nations a
        forerunner of a
        > satanic
        > world order?

        [snip]
      • Rakwena Mogoai
        Message 3 of 14 , Apr 1, 2003
          Eduard,

          >>All of this and much more is in the Bible ... you only have to read it
          to find the truth of the future>>

          Are you saying there is an element of truth in fantasy?
          And what aspect of religion are you dabbling in with your study of religion?
          I seem to concentrate on the pragmatic side -pertaining to justice and the
          social order, humanism part of it.

          Rakwena

        • yeoman
          Message 4 of 14 , Apr 1, 2003
            Rakwena,

            > Are you saying there is an element of truth in fantasy?
            > And what aspect of religion are you dabbling in with your
            study of religion?
            > I seem to concentrate on the pragmatic side -pertaining to
            justice and the
            > social order, humanism part of it.

            ---> There is always an element of truth in fantasy. That
            is certainly the case for Greek mythology and is for
            Biblical fantasy. That is why they are referred to as
            metaphors. I tend to read the bible from the psychological
            side. If you want a god experience, then one of the ways is
            to withdraw oxygen supply to the brain. And you can do this
            by climbing up a mountain. Where did Moses go to
            communicate with God -- up a mountain.

            eduard
          • Rakwena Mogoai
            Message 5 of 14 , Apr 1, 2003
              Eduard,

              Wrote:
              >> If you want a god experience, then one of the ways is
              to withdraw oxygen supply to the brain. And you can do this
              by climbing up a mountain. Where did Moses go to
              communicate with God -- up a mountain.>>

              The mountain that Moses climbed is not that high to induce transient or
              Hypoxic encephalopathy - if that was the case the following would have
              resulted :
              Brain cells are extremely sensitive to oxygen deprivation. Some brain cells
              actually start dying just under five minutes after their oxygen supply is
              cut. As a result, brain hypoxia can kill or cause severe brain damage
              rapidly.

              Moses came back with a vivid and lucid mind and was able to relate his
              encounter to Israel and posterity. So people do encounter and speak with
              God- unfortunately you and I have never been "LUCKY" in that regard. But I
              would 't say the experience is imagined. I once read a book in say 1972 or
              so Title 40 Scientist Affirm/Confirm Their Belief In God - that made me
              doubt my scepticism.

            • yeoman
              Message 6 of 14 , Apr 2, 2003
                Rakwena,

                > The mountain that Moses climbed is not that high to induce transient or
                > Hypoxic encephalopathy - if that was the case the following would have
                > resulted :
                > Brain cells are extremely sensitive to oxygen deprivation. Some brain cells
                > actually start dying just under five minutes after their oxygen supply is
                > cut. As a result, brain hypoxia can kill or cause severe brain damage
                > rapidly.
                >
                > Moses came back with a vivid and lucid mind and was able to relate his
                > encounter to Israel and posterity. So people do encounter and speak with
                > God- unfortunately you and I have never been "LUCKY" in that regard. But I
                > would 't say the experience is imagined. I once read a book in say 1972 or
                > so Title 40 Scientist Affirm/Confirm Their Belief In God - that made me
                > doubt my scepticism.

                ---> It is not a case of removal of oxygen to the extent as to threaten the life of the person. The same applies to the lack of food which Moses would also have. All that is needed is sufficient lack to trigger a transient so that there is a god experience.

                But then once there is a god experience, it is seen as so personal and so linked to the self, that no matter of arguement from outside will change the view of the person who has that experience. It is easy for humans to compartimentalize their thinking so that even a scientist who has training in looking for evidence and proofs, may also fully believe in a god after some experience. We all know of people who go to church on Sunday and learn about loving each other, yet when outside the church they revert to being racists.

                All I was trying to show was the link between temporal lobe transients and god experiences. I do not have the expectation of changing anyone's beliefs.

              • Lorna Landry
                Message 7 of 14 , Apr 2, 2003
                  Eduard,

                  Will lack of oxygen to the brain always bring on a God experience?? I don't know? I can see if bringing on confusion and ultimately, unconsciousness, but a God experience? Have you tried it??

                  Lorna

                  yeoman <yeoman@...> wrote:Rakwena,

                  > Are you saying there is an element of truth in fantasy?
                  > And what aspect of religion are you dabbling in with your
                  study of religion?
                  > I seem to concentrate on the pragmatic side -pertaining to
                  justice and the
                  > social order, humanism part of it.

                  ---> There is always an element of truth in fantasy. That
                  is certainly the case for Greek mythology and is for
                  Biblical fantasy. That is why they are referred to as
                  metaphors. I tend to read the bible from the psychological
                  side. If you want a god experience, then one of the ways is
                  to withdraw oxygen supply to the brain. And you can do this
                  by climbing up a mountain. Where did Moses go to
                  communicate with God -- up a mountain.

                • manicpg
                  Message 8 of 14 , Apr 2, 2003
                    Will lack of oxygen to the brain always bring on a God experience?? I
                    don't know? I can see if bringing on confusion and ultimately,
                    unconsciousness, but a God experience? Have you tried it??

                    > Lornaoved]

                    as omeone who has treid 99 out of 100 drugs, some of which cut off
                    the oxygen, raise adrenaline ect... I see beauty...

                    The human mind has the power to exist in such a state as that they
                    are staring at a combination plastic snapple plastic wrap over the
                    cap twisted with the straw wrapper, twisted perfectly around the
                    middle point of both peices stacked, a full twist creative movement
                    (intellignece), off to the distance in the light as a clear cut image
                    of a bird, not describable, sort of in clay, but straw wrap texture,
                    shine on the plastic the way it stands, picturesque

                    maybe i am crazy. no god still tho.
                  • yeoman
                    Message 9 of 14 , Apr 2, 2003
                      Lorna,

                      It isn't axiomatic. And it is not a complete lack of
                      oxygen, only enough to initiate the transient.

                      I have not tried it. I am working on trying to get lucid
                      dreams, to get to the same point.

                      > Will lack of oxygen to the brain always bring on a God
                      experience?? I don't know? I can see if bringing on
                      confusion and ultimately, unconsciousness, but a God
                      experience? Have you tried it??

                      > Lorna
                    • timm
                      Message 10 of 14 , Apr 2, 2003
                        > I have not tried it. I am working on trying to get lucid
                        > dreams, to get to the same point.

                        How do you cause lucid dreams? Simply by trying to "remember" to wake up
                        in a dream, or is there more to it than that?

                        And how is dreaming related to temporal lobe transients?

                        -timm

                      • leeedgartyler@aol.com
                        Message 11 of 14 , Apr 2, 2003
                          In a message dated 4/2/2003 5:38:22 AM Central Standard Time,
                          yeoman@... writes:

                          > Rakwena,
                          >
                          > >The mountain that Moses climbed is not that high to induce transient or
                          > >Hypoxic encephalopathy - if that was the case the following would have
                          > >resulted :
                          > >Brain cells are extremely sensitive to oxygen deprivation. Some brain
                          > cells
                          > >actually start dying just under five minutes after their oxygen supply is
                          > >cut. As a result, brain hypoxia can kill or cause severe brain damage
                          > >rapidly.
                          > >
                          > >Moses came back with a vivid and lucid mind and was able to relate his
                          > >encounter to Israel and posterity. So people do encounter and speak with
                          > >God- unfortunately you and I have never been "LUCKY" in that regard. But I
                          > >would 't say the experience is imagined. I once read a book in say 1972 or
                          > >so Title 40 Scientist Affirm/Confirm Their Belief In God - that made me
                          > >doubt my scepticism.
                          >
                          > ---> It is not a case of removal of oxygen to the extent as to threaten
                          > the life of the person. The same applies to the lack of food which Moses
                          > would also have. All that is needed is sufficient lack to trigger a
                          > transient so that there is a god experience.
                          >
                          > But then once there is a god experience, it is seen as so personal and so
                          > linked to the self, that no matter of arguement from outside will change
                          > the view of the person who has that experience. It is easy for humans to
                          > compartimentalize their thinking so that even a scientist who has training
                          > in looking for evidence and proofs, may also fully believe in a god after
                          > some experience. We all know of people who go to church on Sunday and
                          > learn about loving each other, yet when outside the church they revert to
                          > being racists.
                          >
                          > All I was trying to show was the link between temporal lobe transients and
                          > god experiences. I do not have the expectation of changing anyone's
                          > beliefs.
                          >
                          > eduard

                          I am curious as to why you guys pursue this as a historical event when it
                          seems obvious that it's a legend of the ancient Hebrews that functions to
                          legitimate their code of laws as divinely inspired.

                          Ed Tyler

                        • Tom Hickcox
                          Message 12 of 14 , Apr 2, 2003
                            At 14:09 4/2/03, timm wrote:
                            > > I have not tried it. I am working on trying to get lucid
                            > > dreams, to get to the same point.
                            >
                            >How do you cause lucid dreams? Simply by trying to "remember" to wake up
                            >in a dream, or is there more to it than that?
                            >
                            >And how is dreaming related to temporal lobe transients?
                            >
                            >-timm

                            In the early '70s I was able to take control of my dreams at times. It was
                            the result of reading Castenada's "Journey to Ixtlan" & "A Separate
                            Reality." I don't remember specifically what I did & I no longer can
                            control them as well, but it was a result of something in one or both of
                            those books. I know I read Journey first & Separate Reality second. I was
                            not taking any hallucinogens.

                            The control was a big help as I was having semi-nightmares & was able to
                            control them. IIRC, I made a conscious decision in the dream to alter
                            it. The trick is to not think too strongly & wake up.

                            Tommy
                          • yeoman
                            Message 13 of 14 , Apr 2, 2003
                              Ed,

                              > I am curious as to why you guys pursue this as a
                              historical event when it
                              > seems obvious that it's a legend of the ancient Hebrews
                              that functions to
                              > legitimate their code of laws as divinely inspired.

                              ---> Because all legends have an origin in truth. My view
                              is that the truth is psycological.

                              eduard
                            • leeedgartyler@aol.com
                              Message 14 of 14 , Apr 2, 2003
                                In a message dated 4/2/2003 3:19:41 PM Central Standard Time,
                                yeoman@... writes:

                                > Ed,
                                >
                                > >I am curious as to why you guys pursue this as a
                                > historical event when it
                                > >seems obvious that it's a legend of the ancient Hebrews
                                > that functions to
                                > >legitimate their code of laws as divinely inspired.
                                >
                                > ---> Because all legends have an origin in truth. My view
                                > is that the truth is psycological.
                                >
                                > eduard

                                What does that have to do with oxygen in the brain of a man who never went up
                                a mountain in the first place? The tale of Moses bringing the laws down from
                                the mountain is fiction: It never happened. It's an invention of the ancient
                                Hebrew tradition to legitimize their code of laws. Nothing more and nothing
                                less.

                                Ed Tyler