Re: [existlist] patriarchal society the remote father

  • Sue McPherson
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 3, 2003
      eduard wrote:

      > As to patriarchy [which i presume is what you are
      > talking about], we have long ago moved away from
      > this with the adventent of the industrial age. In
      > patriarchy the idea is that of those in power
      > taking care of society. But today, the objective
      > is solely money. If you look at the corporations
      > such as Enron, you will find that it was also
      > women managers who went after the millions at the
      > cost of pensions of the workers.

      Just because women are up there alongside men now
      doesn't mean these changes are not all taking place
      within a patriarchal society. Men are different than
      women, and their lives are lived out differently. When
      the claim is made that the world revolves around money
      and sex, there's more than a bit of truth in that.

      Sue McPherson
    • eduard
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 3, 2003
        Sue,

        > Just because women are up there alongside men
        now
        > doesn't mean these changes are not all taking
        place
        > within a patriarchal society. Men are different
        than
        > women, and their lives are lived out
        differently. When
        > the claim is made that the world revolves around
        money
        > and sex, there's more than a bit of truth in
        that.

        eduard .... I did not say that the world revolves
        around sex. I doubt very much that it does.
      • Sue McPherson
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 3, 2003
          eduard,

          I didn't say you* made the claim that the world
          revolves around sex and money. But it does.
          Sex, reproduction, the family. And capitalism.

          Sue