Re: [existlist] the remote father

  • eduard
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 3, 2003
      Mandisi,

      <<< > it's not just men at large who are portrayed
      as
      > intelligent and resolved, but whitemen.I thought
      your
      > argument needed a bit of enlargement there a
      bit. >>>

      You are probably right. But in large part the
      world is changing rapidly. The demographics of
      population, especially in North America, is no
      longer exclusively "white". But then it would
      seem to me that the portrayal of intelligence and
      resolve is in the mind of those who do the
      looking.

      As to patriarchy [which i presume is what you are
      talking about], we have long ago moved away from
      this with the adventent of the industrial age. In
      patriarchy the idea is that of those in power
      taking care of society. But today, the objective
      is solely money. If you look at the corporations
      such as Enron, you will find that it was also
      women managers who went after the millions at the
      cost of pensions of the workers.