Re: [existlist] Re: update & EXISTENTIALIST LIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  • eduard
    Message 1 of 53 , Mar 3, 2003
      Vee,

      > -> the point for me is not all men, but it is
      men that are in those
      > position making decisions and the men who might
      not be in a position of
      > power certainly aren't doing anything to change
      it either..

      eduard ... I think you are wrong on this. Many
      men are supporting the advancement of women. The
      world has changed, even in the past 10 years.

      > I am looking at the larger picture. This word
      "patriarchy" is being thrown
      > around without looking at the present situation
      for which women are coming
      > into their own. In a previous post you
      mentioned that in TV commercials
      > only men are shown in positions of authority.
      That may be true for TV
      > commercials, but in reality, women are making
      large strides in gaining
      > these positions. That is not to say that there
      isnt a need for further
      > advancements in this area.
      >
      > --------------> i never said TV commericials
      only for the record. I also
      > think i depends on where you are, where are you?
      maybe for your part of the
      > world women are moving up and good for them to
      get the opporuntity but that
      > isn't the bigger picture

      eduard ... I agree. But the changes in the third
      world are just taking a bit more time. There is
      movement in the Islamic countries to eliminate
      restrictions on women. Much of it for practical
      reasons, as was the case in the West.

      > -----------> well i don't know what it feels
      like to be a man and feel that
      > i am inherently bad, i still think tho that it's
      up to you to decide not to
      > be one of those men and then you have no reason
      to feel that way, it's a
      > process that i think could even need therapy!

      eduard ... I dont understand what you are saying.
      Is it your opinion that "I" need therapy??

      .... eduard
    • vanessa.vangelder@knowledgeobjects.biz
      Message 53 of 53 , Mar 3, 2003
        eduard ... I think you are wrong on this. Many
        men are supporting the advancement of women. The
        world has changed, even in the past 10 years.

        Vee....yes eduard you are right there are a lot of men working towards the
        liberation of women, i think a lot actually offer more lip service to it
        than those actually doing something in my own experience but yes there are
        men working towards it....

        eduard ... I agree. But the changes in the third
        world are just taking a bit more time. There is
        movement in the Islamic countries to eliminate
        restrictions on women. Much of it for practical
        reasons, as was the case in the West.
        -------------> it's a very complex topic as i am sure you are well aware
        and even tho legistlation may be in place to protect women, but you can't
        legislate the way ppl think unfortunately

        eduard ... I dont understand what you are saying.
        Is it your opinion that "I" need therapy??

        --> eduard i think everyone could do with a bit of therapy, don't take it
        personally lol...no i am not saying that you need therapy, but i am saying
        that because men generally aren't very expressive about their inner stuff
        some night need a less subjective avenue to purge, i guess mens groups
        might do the same
        Vee