Re: [existlist] patriarchy

  • eduard
    Message 1 of 92 , Mar 3, 2003
      Dave,

      I think "love" is a projection of the mind. And
      to large extent it matters what you wish to
      project or what you are thinking at the time. I
      find that i am inclined towards women who have
      well defined hips. Perhaps it is my basic impulse
      for procreation. Was it Dante who admired a woman
      from a distance. I wonder what he was
      projecting?? In the end, we dont do something for
      nothing. Even our thinking has some objective in
      mind ... so to speak.

      The same would apply to mythologies. Love of a
      god has a purpose. I was reading last night that
      God has two faces. The one which is good and
      results in benefits such as the return of spring
      and the reappearance of life. And a second which
      is the dark side that sends us storms and famine.
      You could say that we love the former and fear the
      latter.

      eduard

      > Human love??
      > Well, with humans, love between them can take
      different ..maturities, yes I
      > should think. You can have different adorations
      toward animals too. Then
      > there's just ...well, whatever, the third kind
      of love anyway. But if you're
      > talking humanly, I think that there's a basic
      love between humans that just
      > ..is not taught very well perhaps, by settings
      in which one might grow up
      > (pretty much just that). And then it's just how
      much you learn about it or
      > how much experience you get, more or less.
      >
      > The third kind of love I mentioned is more--how
      can I say?--how you reacte
      > to love.
      > I'm not into mythologies enough yet to really
      say how that relates to faces
      > of "gods", in other words dynamics about which
      to tell stories to express
      > the workings........to express 'stuff'.
      >
      > I'm uneducated anyway, you know. So ask Mark.
      >
      > som lie'at or som lat,
      > Dave

      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

    • Sue McPherson
      Message 92 of 92 , Mar 4, 2003
        Thanks. I have sent two book reviews off to Amazon.
        Craib's Importance of Disappointment, and Hamer's
        A New Perspective on Incest. They have both been
        accepted by Amazon in Canada and in the US now, but
        neither one in the UK (one is still in process but I have
        doubts).

        Even de Beauvoir had a man. Without one, it is
        difficult to get accepted - and published. People live
        different kinds of lives. It is difficult to compare, or
        even to understand some experiences others have. Like
        mine. I am so very tired of all this.

        Sue McPherson