Re: [existlist] the remote father

  • Mandisi Majavu
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 3 3:40 AM
      it's not just men at large who are portrayed as
      intelligent and resolved, but whitemen.I thought your
      argument needed a bit of enlargement there a bit.
      Mandisi

      http://taxes.yahoo.com/
    • eduard
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 3 5:21 AM
        Mandisi,

        <<< > it's not just men at large who are portrayed
        as
        > intelligent and resolved, but whitemen.I thought
        your
        > argument needed a bit of enlargement there a
        bit. >>>

        You are probably right. But in large part the
        world is changing rapidly. The demographics of
        population, especially in North America, is no
        longer exclusively "white". But then it would
        seem to me that the portrayal of intelligence and
        resolve is in the mind of those who do the
        looking.

        As to patriarchy [which i presume is what you are
        talking about], we have long ago moved away from
        this with the adventent of the industrial age. In
        patriarchy the idea is that of those in power
        taking care of society. But today, the objective
        is solely money. If you look at the corporations
        such as Enron, you will find that it was also
        women managers who went after the millions at the
        cost of pensions of the workers.