Re: [existlist] the Voice

  • vanessa.vangelder@knowledgeobjects.biz
    Message 1 of 104 , Mar 2, 2003
      it very dreamy, you can almost hear the wind..

      Lorna Landry
      <lornalandry@y To: existlist@yahoogroups.com
      ahoo.ca> cc:
      Subject: Re: [existlist] the Voice
      02/28/03 05:04
      PM
      Please respond
      to existlist

      Vanessa,

      Have we been drinking this morning?? I still have yet to download any of
      Norah's stuff, but I'm really looking forward to it. she seems to put me in
      a nice head space.

      Lorna

      vanessa.vangelder@... wrote:
      oops i mean she doesn't sound young at all, but she looks it and is!

      Lorna Landry

      <lornalandry@y To: existlist@yahoogroups.com

      ahoo.ca> cc:

      Subject: Re: [existlist] the
      Voice
      02/26/03 08:05

      PM

      Please respond

      to existlist

      Dave,

      All I meant was that her voice, when you listen to it, sounds as though
      it's coming from a more mature 'seasoned' singer. she just does not sound
      as young as she actually is.

      Lorna

      David Leon <dave@...> wrote:
      I dont get this part. What's about graduating from high school five years
      ago? You got beef?? ..hehe

      > she seems to be quite humble about her success. she said she felt bad
      about beating out Bruce Springsteen! Kudos to her.

      > Lorna
      >

      > Bill Harris <valleywestdental@...> wrote:Dave, Have you heard Nora
      Jones.?Bill

      It

      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

      > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

      Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

    • Warren Thompson
      Message 104 of 104 , Feb 5, 2004
        Experience yes...not so sure about the superior part.

        "superficial facade" is not all bad and for those who need it ...you are helping to ease their grief and leave a more pleasant memory.

        I'm not sure how I detach other than getting away from it...enjoying the family ect. Some sort of "professional distance" is a must in health care or any emotional caring work... but I never want to feel cold & uncaring around those who are hurting.

        Joke: Never buy a Buddhist a vacuum cleaner...

        It has too many attachments ;)

        Warren Thompson

        **********************

        Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2004 15:25:00 -0000
        From: "bhvwd" <valleywestdental@...>
        Subject: Dying

        Warren,Ah, I bow to superior experience. I worked in the funeral
        industry so my exposure is post mortem.The industry is efficient but
        only caring in the sense of a superficial facade. Detachment is a
        necessity lest one becomes seriously, clinically depressed.
        I would surmise you need similar detachment. How do you divorce your
        work from your personal emotional life? Bill

        My blog: http://wot53.blogspot.com

        As a starting point let us take the idea that this life
        should be experienced deeply, lived fully, with sensitive
        awareness and appreciation of that which is around us.
        Lloyd and Mary Morain