Re: [existlist] Male Power

  • eduard
    Message 1 of 53 , Mar 1, 2003
      Lorna,

      I think that most men are for the feminist
      movement. Primarily, because it also provides
      freedom and advancement for men.

      I agree that power has an affect on people.
      "Power" is an entity on its own, as you say ...no
      matter what your sex might be. If something needs
      to get done, then there are practicalities which
      are sexless. But then there is a certain sexism
      to the perceptions of the public. My opinion in
      regard to the negative perceptions on Margaret
      Thatcher have a lot more to do with the fact that
      she is a woman, than of the actual things that she
      accomplished and which many may object to.

      Message 53 of 53 , Mar 3, 2003
        eduard ... I think you are wrong on this. Many
        men are supporting the advancement of women. The
        world has changed, even in the past 10 years.

        Vee....yes eduard you are right there are a lot of men working towards the
        liberation of women, i think a lot actually offer more lip service to it
        than those actually doing something in my own experience but yes there are
        men working towards it....

        eduard ... I agree. But the changes in the third
        world are just taking a bit more time. There is
        movement in the Islamic countries to eliminate
        restrictions on women. Much of it for practical
        reasons, as was the case in the West.
        -------------> it's a very complex topic as i am sure you are well aware
        and even tho legistlation may be in place to protect women, but you can't
        legislate the way ppl think unfortunately

        eduard ... I dont understand what you are saying.
        Is it your opinion that "I" need therapy??

        --> eduard i think everyone could do with a bit of therapy, don't take it
        personally lol...no i am not saying that you need therapy, but i am saying
        that because men generally aren't very expressive about their inner stuff
        some night need a less subjective avenue to purge, i guess mens groups
        might do the same
        Vee