Re: [existlist] Existentialism / Bad Faith

  • eduard
    Message 1 of 14 , Mar 1, 2003
      Dave,

      > > You could try breaking up your thoughts and
      focusing on one at a time ...
      > without making side comments on your own
      comments. It's not that I am
      > uninterested. I am very much interested in what
      you wish to say. But then
      > you need to write down to my simplistic level
      ... someone once said I was a
      > 10 year old ....
      > >
      > > eduard
      >
      > That's fine. But I'm also getting a bit
      stretched, starting to think I
      > really cant write that much about many different
      topics. As far as I can
      > tell, if anything I'm "going to" be a little
      busier in the near enough
      > future, anyway. Personnel that anywhere nearly
      compare to covering my job at
      > my unit in the army, are going to be leaving, at
      least by about mid-month.
      > There's going to be one higher ranking person
      and me, and one or two sort of
      > support personnel left to help us, for a little
      while, at our location.
      > Meanwhile, I may concurrently be starting at
      least one college course soon,
      > humorously enough...while I'm the only more
      technical guy left. Not a
      > particularly bad thing, but one thing is I need
      to "take care" of my
      > allergies, but I dunno what's really going to
      come of that next week - if I
      > can get anywhere. Otherwise I'll be left feeling
      like crap for longer
      > periods out of my weeks, and so on, with the
      building(s) I have to work in
      > especially. Irritability, spotty time, brain
      freezes, and a general whacked
      > out appearance sometimes. Because/And there's
      just the whole stress of
      > unknowns with longer days and possible weekends,
      free time being a little
      > more unsure and the fact that I'm part of an
      organization which is now about
      > more deployed than not, etc. Forgive me if it
      feels a little bit good to
      > relate this to the effects on my writing and
      discussing, or just see it in
      > writing.

      ---> My meaning was that it may be easier if you
      broke up your paragraphs into smaller paragraphs,
      so that it is a bit easier to read ....

      > In one sense, why I'm really "here" at this
      point, and why I'm typing this
      > message, I dunno. I'm just kinda going until I
      somehow know a little better
      > what's going on for me overall, if I can get
      some capacity back and whatever
      > else.

      ---> An admirable quest ... good luck with it

      eduard
    • David Leon
      Message 2 of 14 , Mar 1, 2003
        Eduard,

        > ---> My meaning was that it may be easier if you
        > broke up your paragraphs into smaller paragraphs,
        > so that it is a bit easier to read ....

        I know. And I on the other hand meant that I'm getting stretched a little
        thinner with concerns I have (about unkowns, futures), that for me it's a
        connected thing for not having "the time" inside my mind to calmly devote to
        what I might be writing or how I could break it up. I'm already finding
        myself hardly being able to reply much less think about it. There is too
        much on my mind. Hence why I wrote what's below.

        > > In one sense, why I'm really "here" at this
        > point, and why I'm typing this
        > > message, I dunno. I'm just kinda going until I
        > somehow know a little better
        > > what's going on for me overall, if I can get
        > some capacity back and whatever
        > > else.
        >
        > ---> An admirable quest ... good luck with it

        It's just sort of an immediate thing. Patience and all that. To me that
        kinda IS science and philosophy: patience and how to deal with waiting.
        That's the whole problem that makes us squirm and ponder things:
        frustrations and things that are far away yet in our very hearts. Why? What
        really? That's at least the christian view.

        Dave