Re: [existlist] Existentialism / Bad Faith

  • David Leon
    Message 1 of 14 , Mar 1 1:38 PM
      Eduard,
      I'm gonna combine messages to reply to, in this thread..

      Message 2 of 14 , Mar 1 2:36 PM
        Dave,

        > > You could try breaking up your thoughts and
        focusing on one at a time ...
        > without making side comments on your own
        comments. It's not that I am
        > uninterested. I am very much interested in what
        you wish to say. But then
        > you need to write down to my simplistic level
        ... someone once said I was a
        > 10 year old ....
        > >
        > > eduard
        >
        > That's fine. But I'm also getting a bit
        stretched, starting to think I
        > really cant write that much about many different
        topics. As far as I can
        > tell, if anything I'm "going to" be a little
        busier in the near enough
        > future, anyway. Personnel that anywhere nearly
        compare to covering my job at
        > my unit in the army, are going to be leaving, at
        least by about mid-month.
        > There's going to be one higher ranking person
        and me, and one or two sort of
        > support personnel left to help us, for a little
        while, at our location.
        > Meanwhile, I may concurrently be starting at
        least one college course soon,
        > humorously enough...while I'm the only more
        technical guy left. Not a
        > particularly bad thing, but one thing is I need
        to "take care" of my
        > allergies, but I dunno what's really going to
        come of that next week - if I
        > can get anywhere. Otherwise I'll be left feeling
        like crap for longer
        > periods out of my weeks, and so on, with the
        building(s) I have to work in
        > especially. Irritability, spotty time, brain
        freezes, and a general whacked
        > out appearance sometimes. Because/And there's
        just the whole stress of
        > unknowns with longer days and possible weekends,
        free time being a little
        > more unsure and the fact that I'm part of an
        organization which is now about
        > more deployed than not, etc. Forgive me if it
        feels a little bit good to
        > relate this to the effects on my writing and
        discussing, or just see it in
        > writing.

        ---> My meaning was that it may be easier if you
        broke up your paragraphs into smaller paragraphs,
        so that it is a bit easier to read ....

        > In one sense, why I'm really "here" at this
        point, and why I'm typing this
        > message, I dunno. I'm just kinda going until I
        somehow know a little better
        > what's going on for me overall, if I can get
        some capacity back and whatever
        > else.

        ---> An admirable quest ... good luck with it

        eduard
      • David Leon
        Message 3 of 14 , Mar 1 4:11 PM
          Eduard,

          > ---> My meaning was that it may be easier if you
          > broke up your paragraphs into smaller paragraphs,
          > so that it is a bit easier to read ....

          I know. And I on the other hand meant that I'm getting stretched a little
          thinner with concerns I have (about unkowns, futures), that for me it's a
          connected thing for not having "the time" inside my mind to calmly devote to
          what I might be writing or how I could break it up. I'm already finding
          myself hardly being able to reply much less think about it. There is too
          much on my mind. Hence why I wrote what's below.

          > > In one sense, why I'm really "here" at this
          > point, and why I'm typing this
          > > message, I dunno. I'm just kinda going until I
          > somehow know a little better
          > > what's going on for me overall, if I can get
          > some capacity back and whatever
          > > else.
          >
          > ---> An admirable quest ... good luck with it

          It's just sort of an immediate thing. Patience and all that. To me that
          kinda IS science and philosophy: patience and how to deal with waiting.
          That's the whole problem that makes us squirm and ponder things:
          frustrations and things that are far away yet in our very hearts. Why? What
          really? That's at least the christian view.

          Dave