to Bill

  • David Leon
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2003
      Bill,
      Let me get this outta the way. If you read somewhere lately where I
      mentioned "conversion without revelation", that's probably not worded very
      well. I think I thought of that fairly soon after writing it, but didn't
      take time to go over much stuff yesterday and just got some recoup and rest
      first. But, revelation is there, you could say, just not in some impersonal
      standard of the distant church or bible concepts, you know. It's like some
      (evangelical or whatever) apologetics has gotten into personal God talk, but
      they still have standards that are like impersonal..unnecessary..make the
      message still have some major or basic contradictions. I didn't want to just
      misrepresent and leave it where I'd left it, that's all - that's the whole
      point of my flavor of working/thinking. So I wrote this note. My flavor has
      been like understanding stories, even in the Bible, in various ways, but
      that INSTEAD of and not just beside the Bible (or else Church) as some
      impersonal, seeming "unchallengeable" (really ill-analyzed, "unanalyzeable"
      at some point) standard.

      Dave