Re: [existlist] "Net" People

  • Lorna Landry
    Message 1 of 92 , Feb 28, 2003
      Dave,

      I've never met anyone who I correspond with on the net before, but I imagine it must be a weird experience, depending on what sort of relationship you had before meeting. That would be wild though. I think it would freak me out...I mean, you guys are all actually real, and not just letters hitting me in the face, bouncing off the computer screen??

      Lorna

      David Leon <dave@...> wrote:Yesterday and early this morning I sat at a desk and had my allergies
      overwhelm me. But other than that, I sit at MY desk only maybe half of the
      time, give or take or maybe give. I'm in the Army? ..working with computers
      mostly. I've had several periods of my life revolve a lot around computers.
      Most of my deeper discussion has been over these media. What can I say? So I
      just kinda live comfortably on or around a computer a lot. I can just sit
      and veg and do different things on it, or kinda multi-task and do things on
      fly-byes and while I'm running around sometimes too (not just at work I
      mean). Most of the time I'm sitting there pretty steadily though, of course,
      I'm sure. I've used my computers in the past for recording some music and
      whatnot with music, and of course the discussion. Just meeting people in
      different forms. ..I had like a relationship once with somebody I met on the
      internet..but anyway. I just watched a wierd movie, so nevermind. :) have
      you ever met anyone in person after running into each other in the inet?
      It's only been a couple a times for me. What's this have to do with
      existentialism? ..even though I've been thinking to myself "now that's an
      existential moment" now and then throughout my days lately, or maybe just
      today...but it just gets me in the moment, and it's
      soooo...non-judgmental...but I guess that's really the product of the
      frustrations and fighting I've gone through before.

      cheers,
      dave

      Message 92 of 92 , Mar 4, 2003
        Thanks. I have sent two book reviews off to Amazon.
        Craib's Importance of Disappointment, and Hamer's
        A New Perspective on Incest. They have both been
        accepted by Amazon in Canada and in the US now, but
        neither one in the UK (one is still in process but I have
        doubts).

        Even de Beauvoir had a man. Without one, it is
        difficult to get accepted - and published. People live
        different kinds of lives. It is difficult to compare, or
        even to understand some experiences others have. Like
        mine. I am so very tired of all this.

        Sue McPherson