Blaise Pascal quote

  • David Leon
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 28, 2003
      Felt like "quoting" Pascal I ran across (as if I knew French relatively well enough or something).

      "Man is but a reed, the most frail thing in nature; but he is a thinking reed. The entire universe need not arm itself to crush him. A mist or drop of water is sufficient to kill him. But should the universe crush him, man would still be more noble than what kills him, because he knows that he dies; but the universe knows nothing of the advantage it has over him."

      [Also, Bill..something I'm throwing in assuming you'll read this - the difference of making the jump to a sort of christianity without the basic assumed "revelation" concept, and yet incorporating the conversion. just letting you know as if you care, that "I'm sure" my mind will be continuing to follow up on that majorly, or on the edge of (one of my seats).]

      -Dave

      Free 20MB Web Site Hosting and Personalized E-mail Service!
      Get It Now At Doteasy.com http://www.doteasy.com/et/