patriarchy

  • eduard
    Message 1 of 92 , Feb 27, 2003
      The following is a paragraph out of Bly's "Iron John"

      "The genuine patriarchy brings down the sun through the Sacred King, into every man and woman in the culture; and the genuine matriarchy brings down the moon through the Sacred Queen, to every man and woman in the culture. The death of the Sacred King and Queen means that we live now in a system of industrial domination., which is not patriarchy. The system that we live in gives no honor to the male mode of feeling nor to the female mode of feeling. The system of industrial domination determines how things go with us in the world of resources, values, and allegiances; what animals live and what animals die; how children are treated. And in the mode of industrial domination, there is neither king nor queen."

    • Sue McPherson
      Message 92 of 92 , Mar 4, 2003
        Thanks. I have sent two book reviews off to Amazon.
        Craib's Importance of Disappointment, and Hamer's
        A New Perspective on Incest. They have both been
        accepted by Amazon in Canada and in the US now, but
        neither one in the UK (one is still in process but I have
        doubts).

        Even de Beauvoir had a man. Without one, it is
        difficult to get accepted - and published. People live
        different kinds of lives. It is difficult to compare, or
        even to understand some experiences others have. Like
        mine. I am so very tired of all this.

        Sue McPherson