Re: update & EXISTENTIALIST LIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  • Mark Tindall
    Message 1 of 53 , Feb 26, 2003
      Vee wrote:

      > this brings us back to the topic of what is an existentialist
      > mark....?

      It isn't Nooism, positivist science, Hegelianism, bad faith and systems!

      I keep trying to bring this group back to its intention. It is an
      EXISTENTIALIST list not a giant ad for Nooism.

      One would expect discussion to be at least partially related to
      existentialism most of the time. If I went to a positivist science list and
      all they did was talk about football I would wonder why they didn't start up
      a football list and not discuss football on a positivist science list. On
      this existentialist list the main two topics are Nooism based on bad faith
      and positivist science - neither of which are relevant to existentialism!!!!
      Kierkegaard, Heidegger and Sartre would be horrified!!!!!!!

      Try some numeracy. How many posts are on topic compared to those on
      existentialism? Some list members have no clue about existentialism and
      have included Hegel as an existentialist on their Nooist website ... or have
      never written a post on an existentialist topic! Existentialism is not ONLY
      about choice! Football is also about choice (Which team / player/ etc?) but
      ISN'T existentialist merely because there is a choice somewhere in the
      topic!!!!!

      WHY ARE WE ON THIS LIST?????

      WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF THIS LIST????

      DOES ANYONE CARE??????

      Mark
    • vanessa.vangelder@knowledgeobjects.biz
      Message 53 of 53 , Mar 3 6:16 AM
        eduard ... I think you are wrong on this. Many
        men are supporting the advancement of women. The
        world has changed, even in the past 10 years.

        Vee....yes eduard you are right there are a lot of men working towards the
        liberation of women, i think a lot actually offer more lip service to it
        than those actually doing something in my own experience but yes there are
        men working towards it....

        eduard ... I agree. But the changes in the third
        world are just taking a bit more time. There is
        movement in the Islamic countries to eliminate
        restrictions on women. Much of it for practical
        reasons, as was the case in the West.
        -------------> it's a very complex topic as i am sure you are well aware
        and even tho legistlation may be in place to protect women, but you can't
        legislate the way ppl think unfortunately

        eduard ... I dont understand what you are saying.
        Is it your opinion that "I" need therapy??

        --> eduard i think everyone could do with a bit of therapy, don't take it
        personally lol...no i am not saying that you need therapy, but i am saying
        that because men generally aren't very expressive about their inner stuff
        some night need a less subjective avenue to purge, i guess mens groups
        might do the same
        Vee