Re: [existlist] whats the problem ...

  • Mi Hwa
    Message 1 of 58 , May 4, 2001
      According to Heidegger man is a creature of distance. He is perpetually beyond himself and extend his existence out toward the future. I guess your comments regarding destination and planning for an end point made me think of this issue. To understand what now (the moment dividing past and future) means, one needs to understand past and future. So our present moments are greatly influenced by what has been and what will be.

      Is anyone familiar with Four Quartets by TS Eliot ? "Time past and time future point to one end which is eternally present."

      Would appreciate some feed back regarding this issue. What is "the still point?"
      Message 58 of 58 , May 10, 2001
        Eduard,

        I understand. I guess I am just a little surprised to hear someone say that
        they think heaven would actually be boring!

        I, myself, while thoroughly enjoying my time on this earth and the people
        that are here, do not really think this world would be so hard to top...

        Regards,

        trw.