RE: [existlist] Moods

  • Eduard Alf
    Message 1 of 62 , May 3 3:05 PM
      Diana,

      yes ... we are responsible for our feelings ... there are certainly times
      when an emotion surfaces, but depending upon the possible result, we have a
      responsibility for control .. angre that could lead to harm for someone is
      and emotion which we need to reign in ... i think this is a part of maturing

      have fun ...

      Message 62 of 62 , May 23 9:37 AM
        james,

        yes i understand ... i was just following the flow of the discussion about
        what we see when we see a pen ... my thought is that once you see the pen
        ... and are primed to look for pens, because there is a need ... or there is
        an attribute of the pen which is attractive (aesthetics) ... then your focus
        concentrates on the pen and the table disappears ... it would seem that
        there are other stages for observing things ...

        1) you may be primed to look for pens (this will not take place if you are
        simply looking without anticipation) ...
        2) you see a pen and observe its attributes ...
        3) you assess the attributes and add "tags" from previous experiences ...
        4) you focus upon the pen allowing the table to disappear into the
        background ...

        there may be yet other stages ...

        have fun ...