Re: [existlist] whats the problem ...

  • bies
    Message 1 of 58 , May 3, 2001
      Bill and folks,
      "What would happen if a singularity, "black Hole", encountered nothingness
      ?"
      I am really not sure if i want to know that.

      i don't know (and i think nobody does) what happens when you die. death is
      very simple, we find it everywhere: on the streets, in our houses... but we
      don't understand it. try to immagine not being... i would prefer to immagine
      a 10-dimensional Rubic's cube--the headache would be less painful.

      we may have a soul, which is us--then we do not become "non-us". but what if
      we don't? is such a tragic fall from the non-infinite "1" to the infinite
      "0" possible?

      death may also be defined as the end of some specific chemical reactions in
      our bodies... but that doesn't go enough far. it is simplifying life too
      much...

      non-being is difficult for me to immagine from the "psychological" part.
      physicaly it may be much more complicated... or much more simpler.
      bies

      Message 58 of 58 , May 10, 2001
        Eduard,

        I understand. I guess I am just a little surprised to hear someone say that
        they think heaven would actually be boring!

        I, myself, while thoroughly enjoying my time on this earth and the people
        that are here, do not really think this world would be so hard to top...

        Regards,

        trw.