Re: [existlist] Phenomina, like a loci of points or locust of famine or plague of rat

  • William Harris
    Message 1 of 58 , May 1, 2001
      "you have to pay for your gods", how horribly true. Because we are afraid of the truth of death, we build a god to protect us. death,
      however, is like the bully at school, you have to face him. He may kick your ass, but if you face him he does not own you, hiring a god is
      like hiring a jailhouse old man , it just makes you a punk. BILL

      thebookdoc@... wrote:

      > Ed Alf et gnats and beans,
      >
      > Not to point fingers, but it would seem to me that you like
      > Phenomenomenominologyyy because it lets you believe
      > whatever you want. It is very, very easy to say "well, it is obvious
      > from my observation that the world is flat!" and, you see,
      > because of a limited perspective and not much ability to
      > understand, people DID believe that for quite a while -- it was
      > proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that other things were true
      > like that the earth was the center of the universe and relativity had
      > absolutely every answer.
      >
      > A more PARTICULAR scientist -- which I hear tell you
      > supposedly have a background in -- might well expect that their
      > answers to not just one or two, but many OR ALL their questions
      > are a bit on the wrong side, because just as you have your
      > perspective that so much is OBVIOUS, it is also OBVIOUS that
      > man's methodology is only as good as his current ability to
      > deceive himself that he is correct -- till , of course, something
      > better comes along.
      >
      > So, right now, because I am doing some quite pleasant blotter,
      > and I see my tenticles wailing away at this keyboard driven by
      > termites and angst (they are little angsts, mind you, much like
      > snails but a little less human), I thank my god that doesn't yet
      > exist (the questionaire is on the way) that i am not using paper
      > because lighting up in the dark here all alone sloppy damp
      > tenticles splashing with each stroke, I'd damage the paper more
      > then the plastic -- and the termites need a shower anyways.
      > However I fully believe I am a jelly-fish, and so i am, you say...a
      > fabulous typing jelly-fish. The fabulous typing jelly-fish, who is
      > about to become an exception by some Alf hocus-pocus of
      > desire and disappear like all good exceptions in the Alf world,
      > would like to stand an orate before he goes:
      >
      > "Today...(today)...(today) I consider myself ...(myself).....The
      > luckiest jelly-fish ... (jelly-fish)...(jelly-fish) ...on the face of the
      > earth ... (earth)...(earth)...(earth)."
      >
      > You have yet to pay for your god. How can we possibly progress
      > without payment?
      >
      > Relly.Lish@godsRus

    • Timothy R. Westerhof
      Message 58 of 58 , May 10, 2001
        Eduard,

        I understand. I guess I am just a little surprised to hear someone say that
        they think heaven would actually be boring!

        I, myself, while thoroughly enjoying my time on this earth and the people
        that are here, do not really think this world would be so hard to top...

        Regards,

        trw.