Re: [existlist] here's a good one

  • leeedgartyler@aol.com
    Message 1 of 240 , Feb 2, 2003
      In a message dated 2/1/2003 10:24:47 PM Central Standard Time,
      dave@... writes:

      > I'll try not to react harshly, but I just dont think it's about that. Then
      > again, I dot think I'm going to be able to get all the harsh honestly out.
      > You can complain about war all you want.

      If you think that objections to the present military adventurism of the Bush
      administration is nothing more than "complaining," (and it's evident from
      your last two posts on the subject that you do) then you are so divorced from
      reality that there is no common ground at all upon which to continue a
      discussion.

      Ed Tyler

    • Mark Tindall
      Message 240 of 240 , Feb 24, 2003
        Lorna wrote:

        > Maybe it will be a wake up call, but I'm thinking that the
        > reality of war will still be too distant from the majority of us.

        The TV news coverage of Vietnam helped change public perception. Now news
        is toned down. Will we again see a picture like the napalmed little girl
        running down a road? Images like this bring home the reality.

        > The only people affected in any direct way will be the
        > families of the victims.

        These most definitely. My father was on the Aircraft carrier Sydney that
        took troops over to Vietnam. He came back with horror stories .. including
        that of US troops killing their own people.

        Mark