Re: [existlist] here's a good one

  • Sue McPherson
    Message 1 of 240 , Feb 2, 2003
      Ed, You say that very well. Luck, heroes, scapegoats,
      and just ordinary joes.

      A CNN report today states the following:

      >In the words of the prophet Isaiah, "Lift your eyes and look
      > to the heavens. Who created all these? He who brings out
      > the starry hosts one by one and calls them each by name.
      > Because of his great power and mighty strength, not one of
      > them is missing."
      >
      > The same creator who names the stars also knows the names
      > of the seven souls we mourn today. The crew of the shuttle
      > Columbia did not return safely to Earth, yet we can pray that
      > all are safely home.
      >
      > May God bless the grieving families, and may God continue to bless
      America.

      Just curious - does this statement take into consideration
      possible different beliefs of the astronauts and their families?

      Sue McPherson

      Message 240 of 240 , Feb 24, 2003
        Lorna wrote:

        > Maybe it will be a wake up call, but I'm thinking that the
        > reality of war will still be too distant from the majority of us.

        The TV news coverage of Vietnam helped change public perception. Now news
        is toned down. Will we again see a picture like the napalmed little girl
        running down a road? Images like this bring home the reality.

        > The only people affected in any direct way will be the
        > families of the victims.

        These most definitely. My father was on the Aircraft carrier Sydney that
        took troops over to Vietnam. He came back with horror stories .. including
        that of US troops killing their own people.

        Mark