Re: [existlist] music

  • leeedgartyler@aol.com
    Message 1 of 136 , Feb 1 5:32 AM
      In a message dated 2/1/2003 12:04:15 AM Central Standard Time,
      lornalandry@... writes:

      > I love barbequed pork tenderloin, with HP Bold.
      >
      > Lorna

      You must try the burnt ends at Arthur Bryant's a block from the legendary
      18th and Vine in KC. It's where Duke Ellington, Count Basey, Ella Fitzgerald
      and all used to hang back in the day (when they weren't at the Blue Spot, a
      block the other way).
      Ed Tyler

    • Mark Tindall
      Message 136 of 136 , Feb 15 12:30 AM
        shari wrote:

        > I found Paul Tillich helpful.

        Ditto.

        > Theology has to do with the survival of both the institution and the >
        clergy.

        A truer word has not been spoken! Hence the need for each individual to
        find their path.

        > Jean-Luc Marion adds more in this line. In 'God Without
        > Being' he takes God out of the realm of metaphysics. God no
        > longer is seen as a metaphysical "being," which is bound to
        > human limited thought. We must think of God, "outside the
        > box" of ontology, being.

        Hence Tillich's term of God as 'the ground of our being' by which I mean
        Being (with a capital B ... the same as that used by Spong).

        > He argues that any attempt to define God is to diminish God
        > and worship an idol fabricated by human thought.

        Yep! God is more than the combined human imgaination over all time and
        space can guess at.

        > God is transcendent, unreachable, unattainable,

        Yep, I think we experience but a shadow of God ... but that is still
        amazing.

        > as are other humans.

        I think finite people are experienced more fully than God but not
        exhaustively.

        Mark