RE: [existlist] more music

  • shari hyder
    Message 1 of 136 , Jan 31, 2003
      I came across the following song by Lee Ann Womack. Anyone who wants the
      music clip, let me know. It's called "I Hope You Dance."
      ==============================
      I hope you never lose your sense of wonder
      You get your fill to eat but always keep that hunger
      May you never take one single breath for granted
      God forbid Love ever leave you empty handed

      I hope you still fell small when you stand beside the ocean
      Whenever one door closes I hope one more opens
      Promise me that you'll give Fate a fighting chance
      And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance
      I hope you dance.

      I hope you'll never fear those mountains in the distance
      Never settle for the path of least resistance
      Living might mean taking chances but they're worth taking
      Loving might be a mistake but it's worth making
      Don’t let some hell bent heart leave you bitter
      When you come close to selling out reconsider
      Give the Heavens above more than just a passing glance
      And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance
      I hope you dance.

      ---
    • Mark Tindall
      Message 136 of 136 , Feb 15, 2003
        shari wrote:

        > I found Paul Tillich helpful.

        Ditto.

        > Theology has to do with the survival of both the institution and the >
        clergy.

        A truer word has not been spoken! Hence the need for each individual to
        find their path.

        > Jean-Luc Marion adds more in this line. In 'God Without
        > Being' he takes God out of the realm of metaphysics. God no
        > longer is seen as a metaphysical "being," which is bound to
        > human limited thought. We must think of God, "outside the
        > box" of ontology, being.

        Hence Tillich's term of God as 'the ground of our being' by which I mean
        Being (with a capital B ... the same as that used by Spong).

        > He argues that any attempt to define God is to diminish God
        > and worship an idol fabricated by human thought.

        Yep! God is more than the combined human imgaination over all time and
        space can guess at.

        > God is transcendent, unreachable, unattainable,

        Yep, I think we experience but a shadow of God ... but that is still
        amazing.

        > as are other humans.

        I think finite people are experienced more fully than God but not
        exhaustively.

        Mark