LOVE QUESTIONS...

  • Pat Collins
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 13, 2003
      Folks,

      When I got up this morning, hours before dawn, the idea
      of social false perception came into my mind, then the
      thought of love came into my head, this energized and
      emotionalized me strongly.

      If and when we love a person, do we love that person or
      do we love our perception of that person?

      If a person loves me (or you) for the "wrong reasons" or
      out of false perception (as if perception is ever really
      true), should that love simply be accepted as love. Is
      this kind of love as good as love that is directed to
      the real me? (Want ever the real me is.)

      Do we just love the surface of the other?
      How deep can our love go?
      Are there people who can not love?
      How important is love?

      ... Pat

    • Varghese, Wilson
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 13, 2003
        I think you answered your own question.

        (Want ever the real me is.) -- If you do not know the real you, how can we expect someone else to? So of course they are in love with the "surface of the other". The image you project to this person is what they are in love with. Be it a dashing hero or a geeky nerd.

        Wilson

        When I got up this morning, hours before dawn, the idea
        of social false perception came into my mind, then the
        thought of love came into my head, this energized and
        emotionalized me strongly.

        If and when we love a person, do we love that person or
        do we love our perception of that person?

        If a person loves me (or you) for the "wrong reasons" or
        out of false perception (as if perception is ever really
        true), should that love simply be accepted as love. Is
        this kind of love as good as love that is directed to
        the real me? (Want ever the real me is.)

        Do we just love the surface of the other?
        How deep can our love go?
        Are there people who can not love?
        How important is love?

        ... Pat

        >From: "Pat Collins" <retropat7762@...>
        >To: existlist@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: [existlist] Lets joke around class.
        >Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2003 20:00:22 +0000
        >
        >Folks,
        >
        >Once I took this Philosophy course, on the final test
        >there where ten question, I could not answer one of
        >them, I got an "A".
        >
        >And then in my last year I took "Metaphysics", on the
        >final they almost expelled me because the professor
        >caught me looking into the soul of the student next
        >to me.
        >
        > ... Pat
        >

        > >From: "Sue McPherson" <sue@...>
        > >To: <existlist@yahoogroups.com>
        > >Subject: Re: [existlist] the irrational
        > >Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2003 19:44:03 -0000
        > >
        > >Well, it was just a joke, like many other jokes
        > >that are told on-list. It wasn't meant to be taken
        > >apart to that extent. The man wouldn't have had
        > >much time to make a decision. To me, the first
        > >thought would be that here is an opportunity to
        > >put the question of God to the test. The idea you
        > >mention would have come after that.
        > >
        > >Sue McPherson

      • Mark Tindall
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 13, 2003
          Pat wrote:

          > Do we just love the surface of the other?

          Sometimes .... but mostly we don't love at all.

          > How deep can our love go?

          If you truly love another you would be prepared to die for them.

          > How important is love?

          The substance of life.

          Mark