Here's some information about the real Bush quotes:

  • canis os
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 11, 2003
      Here's some information about the real Bush quotes:

      1 (a) "You teach a child to read and he or her will be able to pass a
      literacy test." (Townsend Elementary School, touting his education reform
      plans, Feb. 21, 2001)

      (b) "They hide in caves. See, this is a different kind of war. And part
      of my responsibilities as your President is to remind people about the
      realities that we face in America. One of the realities is, is that these
      people hide in caves." (South Bend, Indiana, Sep. 5, 2002)

      (d) "There's only one person who hugs the mothers and the widows, the
      wives and the kids upon the death of their loved one. Others hug but having
      committed the troops, I've got an additional responsibility to hug and
      that's me and I know what it's like." (Washington, D.C., Dec. 11, 2002)

      2 (a) "If a person doesn't have the capacity that we all want that person
      to have, I suspect hope is in the far distant future, if at all." (Remarks
      to the Hispanic Scholarship Fund Institute, Washington, D.C., May 22, 2001)

      (b) "I've been to war. I've raised twins. If I had a choice, I'd rather
      go to war." (Jan. 27, 2002)

      (c) "The law I sign today directs new funds and new focus to the task
      of collecting vital intelligence on terrorist threats and on weapons of mass
      production." (White House, Nov. 27, 2002)

      3 (a) "I was proud the other day when both Republicans and Democrats stood
      with me in the Rose Garden to announce their support for a clear statement
      of purpose: you disarm, or we will." (Oct. 5, 2002, regarding Iraq debate in
      Congress)

      (c) "There's an old...saying in Tennessee...I know it's in Texas,
      probably in Tennessee that says Fool me once...(3 second pause)... Shame
      on...(4 second pause)...Shame on you....(6 second pause)...Fool me...Can't
      get fooled again." (George W. Bush to Nashville, Tennessee audience, Sept.
      17, 2002, MSNBC-TV)

      (d) "It's important for us to explain to our nation that life is
      important. It's not only life of babies, but it's life of children living
      in, you know, the dark dungeons of the Internet." (Arlington Heights,
      Illinois, Oct. 24, 2000)

      4 (a) "Families is where our nation finds hope, where wings take dream."
      (LaCrosse, Wisconsin, Oct. 18, 2000)

      (b) "And so, in my State of the � my State of the Union � or state � my
      speech to the nation, whatever you want to call it, speech to the nation � I
      asked Americans to give 4,000 years � 4,000 hours over the next � the rest
      of your life � of service to America." (Connecticut Fundraiser, April 9,
      2002)

      (c) "There was no malfeance involved. This was an honest disagreement
      about accounting procedures. ... There was no malfeance, no attempt to hide
      anything." (White House press conference, Washington, D.C., July 8, 2002)

      5 (a) "Anyway, I'm so thankful, and so gracious -- I'm gracious that my
      brother Jeb is concerned about the hemisphere as well." ( Miami, Florida,
      June 4, 2001)

      (b) "I'm glad the First Lady is here. It's an unusual job where all
      you've got to do is walk down from your living room and come to work. I'm
      really proud of Laura." (White House, Feb. 1, 2001)

      (c) "Look, my job isn't to try to nuance, my job is to tell people what
      I think!" (April 2002 Texas Meeting With Tony Blair)

      6 (a) "We got the other guy the other day who thought he was going to be
      -- wanted to be the 20th hijacker. He popped his head up, and now he's in
      detention. He's no longer a threat to America and our friends and allies.
      He's no longer around." (Houston, Texas, Sep. 26, 2002)

      (c) "It would be a mistake for the United States Senate to allow any
      kind of human cloning to come out of that chamber." (Washington, D.C., April
      10, 2002)

      (d) "I understand that the unrest in the Middle East creates unrest
      throughout the region." (Washington, D.C., March 13, 2002)

      7 (a) "I want to send the signal to our enemy that you have aroused a
      compassionate and decent and mighty nation, and we're going to hunt you
      down." ( Louisville, Kentucky, Sep. 5, 2002)

      (c) "This is a man who continues to murder his own people, a man who
      has gassed -- used gas on his own citizens, a man who has used chemical
      weapons on his neighbors, a man who has invaded two countries, a man which
      hates -- who hates America, a man who loves to link up with al Qaeda, a man
      who is a true threat to America, to Israel, to anybody in the neighborhood."
      (Phoenix, Arizona, Sep. 28, 2002)

      (d) "You know, if you find a person that you've never seen before
      getting in a crop-duster that doesn't belong to you, report it."(Press
      Conference, Oct. 11, 2001)

      8 (b) "But all in all, it's been a fabulous year for Laura and me." (White
      House Press Release, Dec. 21, 2001)

      (c) "Laura and I really don't realize how bright our children is
      sometimes until we get an objective analysis." (CNBC, April 15, 2000)

      (d) "This is one of these kind of wars where things happen and you just
      don't know about it. But I bet we have hauled in over a couple of thousand
      of these people." (South Bend, Indiana, Sep. 5, 2002)

      9 (a) "Well, it's an unimaginable honor to be the president during the
      Fourth of July of this country. It means what these words say, for starters.
      The great inalienable rights of our country. We're blessed with such values
      in America. And I--it's--I'm a proud man to be the nation based upon such
      wonderful values."(Jefferson Memorial, Washington, D.C., July 2, 2001)

      (b) "We spent a lot of time talking about Africa, as we should. Africa
      is a nation that suffers from incredible disease." (After meeting with the
      leaders of the European Union, Gothenburg, Sweden, June 14, 2001)

      (d) "The country is -- has gotten to know Laura, like I have gotten to
      know her." (Des Moines, Iowa, June 7, 2002)

      10 (a) "Our nation must come together to unite." (Tampa, Fla., June 4, 2001)

      (b) It's very important for folks to understand that when there's more
      trade, there's more commerce." (Quebec City, Canada, April 21, 2001)

      (c) "[The terrorists] kind of ooch around the dark corners of the world
      and look out, peep out around the corner -- in the meantime, send these
      suicide squads." (Downingtown, Pennsylvania, Oct. 22, 2002)

      11 (a) "Contrary to my image as a Texan with two guns on my side, I'm more
      comfortable with a posse." (Prague, Nov. 20, 2002)

      (b) "There's a lot of good folks at the federal level and the state
      level and the local level working hard -- listen, any time -- we understand
      the stakes now, and any time somebody is thinking about doing something to
      America, and somehow we're reading their thoughts, or reading their mail,
      we're moving on them." (South Bend, Indiana, Oct. 31, 2002)

      (d) "I understand small business growth. I was one." (New York Daily
      News, Feb. 19, 2000)

      12 (a) "And we're too close, our relationship is too strong to endure some
      of the slights that come along." (On his relationship with wife Laura Bush,
      Interview with Tom Brokaw, Jan. 23, 2002)

      (c) "It's not a very glamorous war from the sense that the cables and
      all the air time can cover, but it's happening." (Houston, Texas, Sep. 26,
      2002)

      (d) "I had the privilege of saying good-bye for a brief period of time
      to our First Lady who's down there in Crawford. She is -- she was born and
      raised in West Texas. That's kind of like western Oklahoma, not a lot of
      native trees and not a lot of water." (Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, Aug. 29,
      2002)

      13 (a) "They thought we were weak -- of course, they never saw the Air Force
      football team play. They thought we'd just roll over. They thought we might
      file a couple of lawsuits." (May 17, 2002)

      (b) You know, I just, I don't have a calendar on my desk -- it's a
      magnificent desk, I might add, in the -- beautiful Oval Office -- that says
      on such and such a date we quit. (June 24, 2002)

      (c) "Keep good relations with the Grecians." (The Economist, June 12,
      1999)

      14 (b) "We cannot let terrorists and rogue nations hold this nation hostile
      or hold our allies hostile." (Iowa, August 21, 2000)

      (c) "A tax cut is really one of the anecdotes to coming out of an
      economic illness." (The Edge With Paula Zahn, CBS, Sept 18, 2000)

      (d) "There are a couple of cows waiting for me. You know, when I first
      got back from Washington, it seemed like the cows were talking back. But now
      that I've spent some time in Crawford, they're just cows." (Town Hall Forum
      on Economy, Ontario, California, Jan. 5, 2002)

      15 (a) "One of the interesting things to do is drink coffee and watch Barney
      chase armadillos. The armadillos are out, and they love to root in our
      flower bed. It's good that Barney routs them out of their rooting. (USA
      Today, Aug. 22, 2001)

      (b) "I want each and every American to know for certain that I'm
      responsible for the decisions I make, and each of you are as well." (Live
      With Regis, Sep. 20, 2000)

      (c) "I want the folks to see me sitting in the same kind of seat they
      sit in, eating the same popcorn, peeing in the same urinal." (Explaining his
      choice to sit "among the fans" when involved in management of the Texas
      Rangers, Time Magazine interview, 1989)

      16 (b) "I am a person who recognizes the fallacy of humans." (Oprah, Sept.
      19, 2000)

      (c) "I come from a different generation from my Dad." (Apr. 27, 2000)

      (d) "The legislature's job is to write law. It's the executive branch's
      job to interpret law." (Austin, Texas, Nov. 22, 2000)

      17 (b) "If the East Timorians decide to revolt, I'm sure I'll have a
      statement." (New York Times, June 16, 1999)

      (c) "I know what I believe. I will continue to articulate what I
      believe and what I believe - I believe what I believe is right." (Rome, July
      22, 2001)

      (d) "It was amazing I won. I was running against peace and prosperity
      and incumbency." (Said to Swedish Prime Minister Goran Persson, Gothenberg,
      Sweden, June 14, 2001)

      18 (b) "Millions of -- thousands of people -- millions of dollars and
      thousands of people -- millions of dollars aren't being invested and
      thousands of people aren't working." (Portsmouth, New Hampshire, Nov. 1,
      2002)

      (c) "I will have a foreign-handed foreign policy." (Redwook California,
      Sept. 27, 2000)

      (d) "Sometimes things aren't exactly black and white when it comes to
      accounting procedures." (Justifying his oil firm's accounting record,
      Washington, D.C., July 8, 2002)

      19 (a) "When you have your own money, it means you've got more money to
      spend." (Greensboro, North Carolina, July 25, 2002)

      (b) "This administration is doing everything we can to end the
      stalemate in an efficient way. We're making the right decisions to bring the
      solution to an end." (Washington, D.C., April 10, 2001)

      (c) "America is, the harder you work, the easier the middle class ought
      to become, and the more money you get to keep." (National Newspaper
      Association 40th Annual Government Affairs Conference, Washington, D.C.,
      Mar. 22, 2001)

      20 (b) "If you put your mind to it, the first-time home buyer, the
      low-income home buyer can have just as nice a house as anybody else."
      (Washington, D.C., Oct. 15, 2002)

      (c) "It's clearly a budget. It's got a lot of numbers in it." (Reuters,
      May 5, 2000)

      (d) "It's about past seven in the evening here, so we're actually in
      different time lines." (New York Times, Jan. 30, 2001)