Re: [existlist] A Change of Pace?

  • Bill Harris
    Message 1 of 14 , Jan 3, 2003
      SWM ,, Clearly the dilemma is not moral, it is strategic. How do we segregate and eradicate a warrior faction from within a civilian population? We cannot. Since 911 I have steadfastly held we must use powers of eradication to quell mad notions of world domination. Be it communism, fascism or islam, holding a doctrine of world domination is the mind set of the tyrant. Since the enemy must use the tactics of terror, we must completely dominate his home base if we are to stop him. We defeated communism economically, they wore uniforms and competed as a sovereign country. I remember the pictures of the bombed out cities of Germany, Dresden, Hamburg and Berlin . We crushed them and ended their mad dream. If the fanatics of islam doubt our resolve they should revisit the nuclear shrine at Hiroshima, similar edifices can be built in Baghdad, Tehran, Damascus, Medina and Mecca. The infrastructure that supports jihad is much weaker than that of Nazi Germany or Japan . The mechanisms to control indigenous islamic populations are in place in this country. A push button war is possible. I support the survival of the modern world. Bill.
      From: "swmaerske <swmirsky@...>" <swmirsky@...>
      To: WisdomForum@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [WisdomForum] A Change of Pace?
      Date: Fri, 03 Jan 2003 02:21:43 -0000

      I found reference to an article on "Islamo-Fascism" over on the
      Critical Rationalist forum. Here is an excerpt from that article:

      Al-Zawahiri wrote several books on Islamic movements, the best known
      of which is The Bitter Harvest (1991/92), a critical assessment of
      the failings of the Muslim Brotherhood. In it, he draws not only on
      the writings of Sayyid Qutb to justify murder and terrorism, but
      prominently references Pakistani Jamaat-i-Islami founder and
      ideologue Mawdudi on the global mission of Islamic jihad.

      Mawdudi had written, "Islam wants the whole earth and does not
      content itself with only a part thereof. It wants and requires the
      entire inhabited world. It does not want this in order that one
      nation dominates the earth and monopolizes its sources of wealth,
      after having taken them away from one or more other nations. No,
      Islam wants and requires the earth in order that the human race
      altogether can enjoy the concept and practical program of human
      happiness, by means of which God has honored Islam and put it above
      the other religions and laws. In order to realize this lofty desire,
      Islam wants to employ all forces and means that can be employed for
      bringing about a universal all-embracing revolution. It will spare no
      effort for the achievement of this supreme objective. This far-
      reaching struggle that continuously exhausts all forces and this
      employment of all possible means are called jihad."

      And further, "Islam is a revolutionary doctrine and system that
      overturns governments. It seeks to overturn the whole universal
      social order ... and establish its structure anew ... Islam seeks the
      world. It is not satisfied by a piece of land but demands the whole
      universe ... Islamic jihad is at the same time offensive and
      defensive ... The Islamic party does not hesitate to utilize the
      means of war to implement its goal."

      More can be found at the following URL:

      http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Middle_East/DL05Ak01.html

      Can we still afford to be moral relativists?

      SWM

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

    • canis os
      Message 2 of 14 , Jan 3, 2003
        That is true Bill, but I don't think other nuclear countries would sit still
        and let it happen. What I mean is I know they couldn't stop us but they
        could retaliate. Do we really want to let that genie out O the bottle?
        db

          Message 4 of 14 , Jan 3, 2003
            a good and important distinction between islam and islamic imperialism made.

            james.

            From: "Christopher Bobo" <cbobo@...>
            To: <WisdomForum@yahoogroups.com>
            Subject: Re: [WisdomForum] A Change of Pace?
            Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2003 11:47:55 -0800

            Tommy:

            You said:
            >>> I see much justice in what is being said by the advocates of Islamic
            > jihad. As phrased in your email, it is a persuasive doctrine. It
            > exceeds scientific materialism, westernisation, globalisation, call
            > it what you will. <<

            I think you're daft, mate. Islamic imperialism offers nothing but violence
            and oppression. It aims to achieve a universal belief system by murder and
            coercion. And that belief system is abhorrent. It is sexist, irrational
            and backward. And there is nothing wrong with science or materialism. We
            all want the latest miracle drugs and a sturdy, clean house equipped with
            all the latest conviences--washer, dryer, automatic dish washer,
            air-conditioner and central heating--to live in with a nice new automobile
            in the garage. As for Westernization, yes, we want that too. We want to be
            free, we want to be educated, we want to live is stable, well-ordered
            societies. And the drive for globalization is not external. There's no
            conquistador telling third world peoples to convert or die at sword point.
            These people see what exists in the West and they want it too. The drive
            for globalization is internal, they're sucking it in, it's not being forced
            on them. And this power of the West is it's very goodness that makes it so
            desirable to peoples in third world countries and makes the conservative
            Islamists into radical oppressors. The West now finds itself in the role of
            global Socrates, accused by the reactionaries of corrupting the youth and
            not believing in the traditional gods. Yes, what does America offer the
            world--just liberty and justice for all.

            Message 5 of 14 , Jan 3, 2003
              Moderator/Eduard/ANYONE,

              What is wisdomforum, and is it part of existlist?????????????????

              shari

              From: "Christopher Bobo" <cbobo@...>
              To: <WisdomForum@yahoogroups.com>
              Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2003 11:47:55 -0800

              Tommy:

              You said:
> [...]

              > "Humanity is weak", says Islam. Without the reinforcing role of the
              > Imam it will fall into perdition.
              >
              > Perhaps if I had lived in an Islamic country I would be still living
              > (relatively) happily with my wife and children.
              >
              > Now, it just so happens that I don't wish to live in an Islamic
              > country - though, I am prepared to do so if necessary. I don't hold
              > that the materialistic doctrine of the west is sufficient in the long
              > term. Perhaps this is because of the moral relativism we are both
              > somewhat uncomfortable with. However, if possible, I would prefer to
              > avoid the strictures of the Imam while at the same time living under
              > or within a value system that is universalisable.
              >
              > Perhaps you agree. So, would you care join us at
              > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/communicationalism/ where we are
              > attempting to construct an universalisable ethical system pertinent

              Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

              ---
              Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.

              ---
            • eduard
              Message 6 of 14 , Jan 4, 2003
                shari,

                james belongs to the WisdomForum group and I think that he sends a
                copy of his posts to the Existlist.

                Message 7 of 14 , Jan 4, 2003
                  Moderator,

                  Kindly pull James up for assuming Existlist subscribers will be
                  interested in copies of posts he sends to WisdomForum, if that is indeed
                  what he is doing.

                  I have informed James, as a matter of courtesy, that I will be sending
                  all mail from him directly into the trash bin until this is resolved.

                  I leave this matter in your capable hands.

                  Message 8 of 14 , Jan 4, 2003
                    eduard, u are much much smarter than shari.

                    james.

                    From: eduard <yeoman@...>
                    To: existlist@yahoogroups.com
                    Date: Sat, 04 Jan 2003 07:33:18 -0500

                    shari,

                    Message 9 of 14 , Jan 5, 2003
                      james, u r nt smrter thn anybody:)
                      db

                      From: eduard <yeoman@...>
                      To: existlist@yahoogroups.com
                      Date: Sat, 04 Jan 2003 07:33:18 -0500

                      shari,

                      Message 10 of 14 , Jan 5, 2003
                        do doubt about it, and happy with it.

                        james.

                        From: "canis os" <dawgbone86406@...>
                        To: existlist@yahoogroups.com
                        Date: Sun, 05 Jan 2003 16:29:44 +0000

                        From: eduard <yeoman@...>
                        To: existlist@yahoogroups.com
                        Date: Sat, 04 Jan 2003 07:33:18 -0500

                        shari,

                        Message 11 of 14 , Jan 14, 2003
                          Dawg,

                          Awww shucks mate. :) In my absence you have so eloquently spoken on my
                          behalf.

                          shari

                          From: eduard <yeoman@...>
                          To: existlist@yahoogroups.com
                          Date: Sat, 04 Jan 2003 07:33:18 -0500

                          shari,

                          Message 12 of 14 , Jan 14, 2003
                            I did?... oh yes! I did, didn't I.
                            db

                            Message 13 of 14 , Jan 14, 2003
                              oh yes, u did, indeed most eloquently, if eloquent only because u helped
                              salvage and fan shari's fragile ego.

                              james.

                              From: "canis os" <dawgbone86406@...>
                              To: existlist@yahoogroups.com