RE: [existlist] evil

  • eduard
    Message 1 of 118 , Jan 2, 2003
      db,

      <<<< A person may raises a gun and shoots someone, that in itself is
      not evil. If
      they do it in anger, or self defense or the defense of another, that
      is not
      evil. If they take a life for the the fun of it the thrill of it, that
      is
      evil, no interpretation needed. >>>>

      If you take a gun and kill someone, the evil of it will be determined
      by a jury of your peers ...

      eduard
    • Mary Jo
      Message 118 of 118 , Dec 8, 2004
        I saw her standin' on her front lawn
        just twirlin' her baton
        Me and her went for a ride sir
        and ten innocent people died

        From the town of lincoln nebraska
        with a sawed-off .410 on my lap
        Through to the badlands of wyoming
        I killed everything in my path

        I can't say that I'm sorry
        for the things that we done
        At least for a little while sir
        me and her we had us some fun

        The jury brought in a guilty verdict
        and the judge he sentenced me to death
        Midnight in a prison storeroom
        with leather straps across my chest

        Sheriff when the man pulls that switch sir
        and snaps my poor neck back
        You make sure my pretty baby
        is sittin' right there on my lap

        They declared me unfit to live
        said into that great void my soul'd be hurled
        They wanted to know why I did what I did
        Well sir I guess there's just a meanness in this world

        Nebraska
        Bruce Springsteen

        Doesn't matter how I define it or how philosophy defines it. Mary