RE: [existlist] theism

  • Kjell Alinge
    Message 1 of 118 , Jan 1, 2003
      Evil is a word with any meaning you want it to have. But it will
      lead you astray. Stupidity and Fear = Evil. But it is better to use
      the words Fear and/or Stupidity. Keeps your head much more clear.
      Evil should be reserved for propaganda by those who seek to control
      our minds thru media. And they are not EVIL . Just small boys
      elected to presidents or CEOs

      Kjell

      >Mark,
      >
      ><<<> Why evil at all? It is puzzling. >>>>
      >
      >I don't have a problem with the existence of evil. I just don't think
      >that the church explains it in a fashion that is suitable for today's
      >world. When I was growing up, in ThunderBay, I went to the United
      >Church of Canada which is Protestant. The sermons were usually based
      >on the Bible, but did not make much sense within the context of what
      >actually happening outside in the real world. Granted the minister
      >tried to put a modern twist on the stories, but it left open more
      >questions than answers. In the end the minister was run out of town
      >[removed from his office] by a group in the congregation ... so I
      >guess his sermons had less affect on others than just myself.
      >
      >eduard

    • Mary Jo
      Message 118 of 118 , Dec 8, 2004
        I saw her standin' on her front lawn
        just twirlin' her baton
        Me and her went for a ride sir
        and ten innocent people died

        From the town of lincoln nebraska
        with a sawed-off .410 on my lap
        Through to the badlands of wyoming
        I killed everything in my path

        I can't say that I'm sorry
        for the things that we done
        At least for a little while sir
        me and her we had us some fun

        The jury brought in a guilty verdict
        and the judge he sentenced me to death
        Midnight in a prison storeroom
        with leather straps across my chest

        Sheriff when the man pulls that switch sir
        and snaps my poor neck back
        You make sure my pretty baby
        is sittin' right there on my lap

        They declared me unfit to live
        said into that great void my soul'd be hurled
        They wanted to know why I did what I did
        Well sir I guess there's just a meanness in this world

        Nebraska
        Bruce Springsteen

        Doesn't matter how I define it or how philosophy defines it. Mary