Re: Floating balloons of colorful comradery waft carfully into the smoggy sky...

  • thebookdoc@aol.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 13, 2001
      << ... barring such things as mental disorder, etc. >>

      It is curious to me that everyone wants to discount what I think everyone in
      some way or another has (however minimal or overt). If I were to pose a new
      theory of gravity that worked except for dropping apples, I don't see how
      that could be acceptable. If human nature and such are indeed human, then it
      includes humans alive dead blind retarded naked insane grinning or otherwise.

      RL
    • Edward Alf
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 13, 2001
        Richard,

        by adding qualifications as to the type of human, the discussion can become
        useless ... if im to comment on behaviour as to human nature, why should i
        include people that are "dead"? ... if im commenting on choices for types of
        clothing, why should i include people that are naked? ...

      • thebookdoc@aol.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 13, 2001
          <<... if im to comment on behaviour as to human nature, why should i
          include people that are "dead"? ... if im commenting on choices for
          types of clothing, why should i include people that are naked? ...>>

          Um, the point is, you can't exclude things because it is convenient
          or because you can't explain it, and I see a lot of that going on.

          RL
        • Edward Alf
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 13, 2001
            Richard,

            im not excluding things because it is convenient, but because it
            is logical ...

            you have not explained why you think that the discussion on human
            nature should include the dead ... are the dead able to act out
            human nature? ...

            or a discussion on the selection of types of clothing should
            include people that are naked ... how do the naked people who
            chose to be without clothes enter into the discussion on choices
            involving the selection of clothing? ...

            > <<... if im to comment on behaviour as to human nature, why
            should i
            > include people that are "dead"? ... if im commenting on choices
            for
            > types of clothing, why should i include people that are naked?
            ...>>

          • thebookdoc@aol.com
            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 13, 2001
              <<you have not explained why you think that the discussion on human
              nature should include the dead ... are the dead able to act out human
              nature? ...>>

              Dead people will act out that human nature which is atypical of dead
              humans I suppose...

              <<... how do the naked people who chose to be without clothes enter
              into the discussion on choices involving the selection of clothing?
              ...>>

              Perhaps by denying their existence? They might avoid it. They might
              have no opinion. They might lie. They might murder the person who
              brings it up.

              Again, the point is that avoidance for the sake of convenience is
              perhaps not the best tactic...it seems to murder those that talk
              about their clothes.

              RL
            • Edward Alf
              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 14, 2001
                Richard et folks,

                these are hardly answers or explanations ...

                dead people are dead humans and in any case how can they act
                anything out ...

                naked people who deny their existence or the existence of others,
                or avoid it, or have no opinion, or lie, or murder the person who
                brings up the subject of clothing, is not an explanation as to
                why those who choose to be naked should have an impact on the
                discussion of selection of clothing ... naked people have chosen
                to not be part of the set of clothed people ...