Re: [existlist] Re: Please read and Follow your heart

  • Bill Harris
    Message 1 of 13 , Dec 3, 2002
      Bookdoc, I think each of us carries the greed toxin. When we band together some sort of multiplier effect comes into play. The lust to power and status obliterates the original interest, goals are lost and the struggle over the carcass ensues. It all emanates from that seminal survival instinct. It seems to permeate all cellular life forms, both flora and fauna. With enough space and opportunity we can avoid the greater part of interspecies entanglements.
      You consciously limit group activity. That is one answer that I also use. I have no social life and try to limit my group associations to strictly ruled encounters. If I agree to the rules I will stick to my bargain, I expect the same of my fellows. The law, prior agreement, is the only framework in which we can interact without chaos. Good will and morals go by the by once the greed toxin inoculates a situation.
      Survival is not fun unless you take the attitude of a scrotum dragging, I must win tyrant. I find no interest in such a life. Society is a collaboration I try to minimize my involvement with. I probably draw the line at greater circumference than you do, but then that is a matter of personal interest and risk assessment. Bill
      Message 2 of 13 , Dec 4, 2002
[...]

        -----------------------------

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      • Fictional Character
        Message 3 of 13 , Dec 5, 2002
          <<I probably draw the line at greater circumference than you do,
          but then that is a matter of personal interest and risk
          assessment. >>

          I don't mean to come off as a hermit, though I expect it doesn't
          matter. I don't, however, consider myself part of 'society' except in
          those cases where I am forced to participate or sacrifice other
          interest (schooling children, taxes, etc.). I used to fight these
          things...imagine the absurdity of 'authority'? Why one can lord it
          over another makes nonsense...except in the primal notation. I
          can attend 'social' events but fear I don't see them as more than
          a gathering of chance.

          If society were to be a tasty entity, it would be one that the
          constituents entered into willfully...and positively. And while there
          are nice thoughts there, theory will fail as constituents seek
          'advantage'. Regretfully, there is no reinforcement for those who
          seek to share their help...but then there are interesting new-ish
          behaviors that suggest there may be ways to share and be
          repaid (shareware?). However, the whole concept of value turns
          to greed and melts in the spotlight as if made of wax. The society
          is purist at its beginning...yet that beginning always fades.

          My only interest in society and social threory was an idea I had
          for Destructionism...a system which continually UNBUILT itself,
          rather than forming constituencies and such...but I couldn't come
          to a mechanism that would affect the dissemblance.

          Otter Creek
          ------------------------
        • Bill Harris

            Message 5 of 13 , Dec 5, 2002
              <<Ah Hah, and thus your idea of joining Al Queda to corrupt it from
              within.>>

              Actually, no. Interesting connection, though.

              What I was thinking, more-or-less, was that the actual setup of the
              government would strip individuals of rights and powers as they
              developed the rights and powers, so you'd never have stuff like
              unlimited expense accounts. The mechanism would have to be chaotic,
              so the individuals would never know when/if they were losing a power
              or benefit or getting fired. Idea being, there would be a virtual
              elimination of loopholes, as no one would have time to discover,
              invent or endulge them...nor the will to bother with the effort.

              Cracked Up
            • Bill Harris