RE: [existlist] Please read and Follow your heart

  • eduard
    Message 1 of 13 , Dec 3, 2002
      Dani,

      <<<< As far as all the injustices done to women on thrid world
      countries, us
      women are much more aware of that than most men and have been fighting
      that
      for a long time. All the proceeds for the Lilith concerts go to fight
      that
      as do all them from the Vagina Miniloges and many many other groups of
      women
      supporting women through out the world. >>>>>

      If you were more aware of the injustices, then where were the protests
      against Saddam?? I still think that it is easy to protest against the
      war and the Bush administration because it is easy and you can make
      the evening news. Walking out congress does not help anyone.

      eduard
    • Bill Harris
      Message 2 of 13 , Dec 3, 2002
        Bookdoc, I think each of us carries the greed toxin. When we band together some sort of multiplier effect comes into play. The lust to power and status obliterates the original interest, goals are lost and the struggle over the carcass ensues. It all emanates from that seminal survival instinct. It seems to permeate all cellular life forms, both flora and fauna. With enough space and opportunity we can avoid the greater part of interspecies entanglements.
        You consciously limit group activity. That is one answer that I also use. I have no social life and try to limit my group associations to strictly ruled encounters. If I agree to the rules I will stick to my bargain, I expect the same of my fellows. The law, prior agreement, is the only framework in which we can interact without chaos. Good will and morals go by the by once the greed toxin inoculates a situation.
        Survival is not fun unless you take the attitude of a scrotum dragging, I must win tyrant. I find no interest in such a life. Society is a collaboration I try to minimize my involvement with. I probably draw the line at greater circumference than you do, but then that is a matter of personal interest and risk assessment. Bill
        Message 3 of 13 , Dec 4, 2002
[...]

          -----------------------------

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        • Fictional Character
          Message 4 of 13 , Dec 5, 2002
            <<I probably draw the line at greater circumference than you do,
            but then that is a matter of personal interest and risk
            assessment. >>

            I don't mean to come off as a hermit, though I expect it doesn't
            matter. I don't, however, consider myself part of 'society' except in
            those cases where I am forced to participate or sacrifice other
            interest (schooling children, taxes, etc.). I used to fight these
            things...imagine the absurdity of 'authority'? Why one can lord it
            over another makes nonsense...except in the primal notation. I
            can attend 'social' events but fear I don't see them as more than
            a gathering of chance.

            If society were to be a tasty entity, it would be one that the
            constituents entered into willfully...and positively. And while there
            are nice thoughts there, theory will fail as constituents seek
            'advantage'. Regretfully, there is no reinforcement for those who
            seek to share their help...but then there are interesting new-ish
            behaviors that suggest there may be ways to share and be
            repaid (shareware?). However, the whole concept of value turns
            to greed and melts in the spotlight as if made of wax. The society
            is purist at its beginning...yet that beginning always fades.

            My only interest in society and social threory was an idea I had
            for Destructionism...a system which continually UNBUILT itself,
            rather than forming constituencies and such...but I couldn't come
            to a mechanism that would affect the dissemblance.

            Otter Creek
            ------------------------
          • Bill Harris

              Message 6 of 13 , Dec 5, 2002
                <<Ah Hah, and thus your idea of joining Al Queda to corrupt it from
                within.>>

                Actually, no. Interesting connection, though.

                What I was thinking, more-or-less, was that the actual setup of the
                government would strip individuals of rights and powers as they
                developed the rights and powers, so you'd never have stuff like
                unlimited expense accounts. The mechanism would have to be chaotic,
                so the individuals would never know when/if they were losing a power
                or benefit or getting fired. Idea being, there would be a virtual
                elimination of loopholes, as no one would have time to discover,
                invent or endulge them...nor the will to bother with the effort.

                Cracked Up
              • Bill Harris