Madness in the forest...

  • Pat Collins
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 2, 2002
      Bill,

      If I would put on a mud wrestling show in the forest
      and no one came, would I make any money ?
      And if I made no money would I get so mad
      that I would have a bout of madness?
      And would this madness be recognized by
      the psychiatic community?

      ... Pat

    • shari hyder
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 2, 2002
        Pat

        Questions like those you have presented are what make people have
        disrespect for Philosophy. Think again about your first question; unless
        there were some hidden cameras; your performance would be yours and
        yours alone; unless you were mud wrestling with yourself. Put the same
        questions to a psychiatrist or a psychologist, and they are very likely
        to suggest you are under some form of delusion.

        shari

        If I would put on a mud wrestling show in the forest
        and no one came, would I make any money ?
        And if I made no money would I get so mad
        that I would have a bout of madness?
        And would this madness be recognized by
        the psychiatic community?

        ... Pat

        >From: "Bill Harris" <valleywestdental@...>
        >To: existlist@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: Re: [existlist] Re: Nonguy say.......
        >Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 09:20:47 -0600
        >
        >Dawg, Unless you are a rose, which is a rose , which is a rose, you are
        >dog. Bill

        Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        ---
        Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.

        ---
      • canis os
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 2, 2002
          I might come, who would be wrestling? Luscious chicks in almost nothing? I
          surly would come then. But wait, what forest, where, when?

        • Bill Harris
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 3, 2002
            Pat, Bookdocs concept of interest seems applicable in your posed situation. The first sentence is self explanatory, no one came so you made no money.
            Your second sentence is only answered by assigning interest to the initial activity. Did you want to see hot bitches roll in the mud or did you want to make money? Maybe both?Does one interest fulfilled mitigate the unfulfilled interest? Do you like voyeurism better than money?
            Would you act out your profit motive frustration by jumping in the mud pit and doing unspeakable acts with the hot bitches? Is there a psychiatrist present? Did he pay? Does that mitigate your frustration. Did he take it out in trade and do unspeakable acts with the hot bitches? Is he capable of self diagnosis? Can the physician heal himself? Will they jerk his license when you show the board the film you made. Will the doc pay off and finally cure your initial malady? Deep questions, deep mud, deep shit. Bill
            If I would put on a mud wrestling show in the forest
            and no one came, would I make any money ?
            And if I made no money would I get so mad
            that I would have a bout of madness?
            And would this madness be recognized by
            the psychiatic community?

            ... Pat

            >From: "Bill Harris" <valleywestdental@...>
            >To: existlist@yahoogroups.com
            >Subject: Re: [existlist] Re: Nonguy say.......
            >Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 09:20:47 -0600
            >
            >Dawg, Unless you are a rose, which is a rose , which is a rose, you are a
            >dog. Bill

            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor