Retail Customers

  • C. S. Wyatt
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 4, 2001
      Several people asked me via e-mail to explain what I meant about
      people and my retail experiences. Some examples:

      1. "I forgot my credit cards. Can I pay you later?" (Oh, sure.)

      2. "Why can't you sell the books for wholesale?" (There's a new
      business model. Wait, that's the Internet way!)

      3. "Do you order from Amazon?" (Uh, no... Though I do link to Amazon
      from my own web pages. I own a children's bookstore.)

      4. "Why are there children here?" (Again, it's a children's
      bookstore!!)

      5. "I've been to two stores and they both said the book is out of
      print. Can you order it for me?" (Out of print... says it all.)

      People don't pause to think...
    • Linda Jordan
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 5, 2001
        Yeah, people tend not to think. But that's what makes us special--we do.
        Not that those who don't aren't "worthy"--just that those who do are more
        so.